South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Thumpers

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

All Thumpers Empty All Thumpers

Post by DirtFreak Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:33 am

All of my bikes (currently) are thumpers. I do all of my own work/maint. to my bikes.
Most people ask me "where do you ride offroad around here"? Sadly the answer is that you have to travel. The closest place I go is in Citronelle, but there are some small secret spots in town.

If anybody knows of a legal offroad spot, then post up the location.
DirtFreak
DirtFreak
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

All Thumpers Empty Re: All Thumpers

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:50 am

I know there are alot of trails for 4 wheelers around bayou la batre exit on I-10. Not sure about the legal part though ;p Also I have seen them ride off 158 in Saraland where they are supose to build that race track..(like that is gonna happen)

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:18 am

There is a diet pit off 158. That is where you see them riding. I have been there. Used to ride in the pit a few years ago. Never had any problems but that was before they built 158 through there. There is a dirt track off hwy 90 across from Mobile Speedway. I think it's like $5 to get in but there are a lot of trail's behind the track. It goes from there to theodore dawes rd. There is one spot where you have to get on the edge of the interstate to go around a creek. I do not sugest you do that. there are plenty of trail's to ride without crossing that creek.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:50 pm

They ride across the street from my housing division a lot. Legalities are unknown though. Could have a look if you come to the BBQ....

*Hint Hint*
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtFreak Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:36 pm

I know of all of those, except around Bayou La Batre. I do know of a spot in Coden, but it's just a dirt pit. Just so people know: The spot in Irvington (near I-10) also goes to Theadore, but you will get chared with trespassing if you get caught. The sheriff's that busted me put me on a warning list. The next time they catch me will not go so well.
Now, I have street legal bikes only. The only legal trails around here worth driving to is Bethel in MS. It's in the DeSoto National Forrest 15min north of I-10 & 110 in Biloxi.
DirtFreak
DirtFreak
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Got my azz busted in desoto one time. Will never go there again. Supposed to be legal but we caught h3ll for being over there. Never crossed into the fenced area but still given a hard time.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:57 pm

Guess you could always be like this guy. Would this be considered offroad?

Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:48 pm

WTF? You have waaaayyyyy too much time on your hands. That is SICK.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:12 am

That was unreal.
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:54 am

I want one

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:38 am

Me To!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:52 pm

Another mind twisting rider:

Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:39 pm

I've got this sick desire to take an old two stroke single cylinder dirtbike and turn it into a cafe racer... I've been wanting to do it for a while, and the more I think about it, the more feasable it sounds. A 350 or bigger would be nice.

Oh, there are some good trails down fort morgan road. Old Fort Morgan Trail is one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:17 pm

Here ya go
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:19 pm

I'm with you there deviant

Back to top Go down

Post by crispy Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:14 pm

I you find one let me know I woul like to try and kill myself once again.
crispy
crispy

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:32 pm

Man. That looks like a lota fun right there.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:18 am

The trails off of 158 run through to lott rd. there are three dirt pits that you can ride a couple of small creeks
an abandoned oil refinery and some pipe lines, I live in the area and I can leave my house on my kdx and put 50 miles
on the odometer. You just have to know the area, and the trails "where they will never build the race track" is a great place to ride with lots of trails but, not smiled upon by the law but, if you ride an off road bike in mobile county you are pretty much breaking the law. I say as long as you are not riding around selling drugs are shooting people, the hell with the law. there are a lot worse things than someone trying to have good clean fun with their families and friends riding off road vehicles in the woods. I've been riding trails in mobile for 20 years and make a living as a off road tech. and I am pissed off about the way off roaders are treated in mobile! Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtFreak Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:08 am

I have ridden that area alot. In fact I was there last weekend for a bit. When I was harrassed in Theadore, the Sheriff showed me pics of 158 & said "see all the erosion".

I got rid of my 300 2-smoke & bought a street legal thumper. Lately I've been riding at Bethel in MS, & Eglin AFB/ Blackwater NF over in P'cola.

If you don't mind, start a new thread in offroad & let people know when & where to meet you to ride.
I about to leave for Blackwater, the ADVrider guys are camping & riding all weekend.
DirtFreak
DirtFreak
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:40 pm

I love my kdx but, it will never see the asphalt so,I am currently looking for a good deal on a dual sport thumper to go exploring on when I find one, well have to ride. I expect gas to go up tremendously within the next year or two and motorcycle sales will increase, bikes will be on the roads like they were last year and that is a good time to have a street legal bike. The inside scoop from my vp racing fuel rep. says to look for an increase in the price of fuel in the next few months, That is just the begining. I think we all should start looking for a nice country to move to when the commi's take this one. thanks alot politicians. I don't wan't to fight for a country where
everything is controlled by liberals and polititians. Sorry for the rant, just can't stand paying for everyone else to live a good life.

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtFreak Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:48 pm

This is my kind of "road"

All Thumpers DSC06079

The only reason for a tag is to be legal. Alot of people trailer to the area to save there knobs. They make some DOT knobbies that work pretty good offroad.
DirtFreak
DirtFreak
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:16 am

Dirtfreak whats up.. I have your fan and some other items of yours left from SWEATFEST.. Nice forum here looks like its getting a good response. Lets keep it going put some rides together.. I NEED A STREET BIKE..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:45 am

lke a normal one or a dirt one

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtFreak Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:14 am

Deviant1 wrote:I've got this sick desire to take an old two stroke single cylinder dirtbike and turn it into a cafe racer... I've been wanting to do it for a while, and the more I think about it, the more feasable it sounds. A 350 or bigger would be nice.

Oh, there are some good trails down fort morgan road. Old Fort Morgan Trail is one.

Here you go... KX500 2-smoke
http://mobile.craigslist.org/mcy/1819614457.html
DirtFreak
DirtFreak
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:52 pm

That would be perfect!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content