South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had a little hickup today..

3 posters

Go down

Had a little hickup today.. Empty Had a little hickup today..

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 12:41 am

So went for a short ride down to the gas station today all fine on the way there. But half way back my bike started acting up sputtering and finally died on me. Luckily it was right in front of the Hog Pen (a local bike shop). It was closed of course.... But went to the house no answer wile walking back to my bike the owners pulled up. They were nice enough to call one of they're mechanics to come by and help me out. Wile I was waiting I decided to fiddle with it. I tried starting it and it fired right up..... So I told them I would try to make it home so they're guy wouldn't have to drive all the way out there. So I make it to my drive way and it does it again sputtered and died right at my driveway. Any ideas what it could be?? Acts like its running outta gas or somethin. But it's got gas so idk wish I knew more about bikes but I'm more a auto engine guy.. Thanks guys

Oh I did notice when it died the first time my heat gauge was just below the half way point. I know thats not too hot but seemed like it cooled down them ran fine but i'm not sure it that would be it or not.

Back to top Go down

Had a little hickup today.. Empty Re: Had a little hickup today..

Post by hayweed Mon May 23, 2011 8:02 am

Remind us what bike you have. Sounds like a fuel problem.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crispy Mon May 23, 2011 8:04 am

I had the same thing happen to me it was the needle & seat. the new bull$#!t gas (ethanol) they cost me 50 bucks each .
crispy
crispy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 1:44 pm

I have a 98 cbr600. Yeah I talked to one of my neighbors and he said the same thing about the needle and the gas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 10:52 pm

ok So I think I fixed it. tore the gas tank and air box off and douched it with carb cleaner. didn't really clean the carbs a whole lot only because I couldn't get them off lol. I know ya gotta loosen the clamps on the boots but I didnt have a long enough align wrench to get to the center ones. But it does seem to have helped took alittle cruise to wally world. (running the H out of it to try an make it mess up on me) and it ran great. So crossin my fingers its ok

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Mon May 23, 2011 10:58 pm

Kewl. Hope it does good. Try running a good dose of fuel treatment through it.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 11:10 pm

Seafoam? I've never put fuel treatment in a bike.. Does it matter what kind?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Mon May 23, 2011 11:20 pm

Just my opinion but yes definitely Seafoam. About half a can first time out and a couple ounces every 3-4 tanks. First time may make it smoke and sputter a little, but it's just cleaning out the gunk, it will clear up. I use it in every gas engine I have, mowers, weedeaters, both bikes and the car and truck.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2011 12:44 am

k thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down