South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Me Why Me

5 posters

Go down

Why Me Why Me Empty Why Me Why Me

Post by beachbum_ Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:53 pm

I just wonder if im the only one that notices when im selling something it is worth nothing but when buying it seems everyone wants retail hmm hell in the case of bikes sometimes more than original retail. I check craigslist daily for scooters and dam some of them are real proud of their stuff. I know everyone is broke an stuff and i like a good deal and yes im cheap but my money is green an american, Maybe i need to get some yen or pesos or wood nickels :}

random thoughts of a dam ol bum_

beachbum_
tag along

Back to top Go down

Why Me Why Me Empty Re: Why Me Why Me

Post by Miss G Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:37 pm

Yeah, I hear what you're saying and see that very thing in action all the time. Rolling Eyes If I'm willing to compromise, I figure most other people should be too.

Just my 2ยข worth.
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:46 pm

Not just you, Bro. Am currently trying to sell some high dollar furniture at over 80% off, a gun at 27% off, a name brand riding mower at a price that would be around half compared to when mowing season starts and a show bike that is 25% off of investment. NO takers whatsoever in around 2-3 months of ads and paying for ebay ads as well, not just CL free.

One lady from CL even had the gall to email and tell me just how too high my prices were on the furniture. Heavy duty Ethan Allen wicker loveseats like new and less than 4 yrs old, bought for $1100 apiece, asking $450 for the pair. Makes it $225 apiece and frickin walmarts light duty outdoor ones are 300 right now.

RrRrRrRrRrRrRrRrrrrrrrrrr....... Evil or Very Mad
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:06 am

Sadly....and I hate to be the bearer of bad news.....this is a very bad economy and a true....buyers market. If you have the money to buy anything...now is the time....on the flip side...this is a truly a horrible time to sell anything. I check the classifieds in the Sunday paper every week and see many late model low miles HD's going way less than I ever thought I would see them go. I stopped by the HD dealer last week and they had almost as many nice used HD's in front as they had new inside. Same goes for boats, RV's, and just about anything else. People without jobs are hurting.....people still with jobs...are worried theirs may be gone any day.
Price of gas keeps going up which hurts everyone and makes everything worse. Sad times right now.

Now I have gone ahead and really depressed myself......back to the Rum!
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Why Me Why Me Empty RE:Glock price

Post by beachbum_ Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:23 pm

Dragon,
I understand fully how you feel and honestly I asked a friend about your gun and He told Me the market right now would bring You around four hundred bucks and that would be if the gun is perfect.He also said if You got five hundred or more You would be lucky. That is why I didnt want to make an offer on it. I sure didnt want to add insult to injury. I have been asking around for you though.

beach_

beachbum_
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryD Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:56 pm

beachbum_ wrote:Dragon,
I understand fully how you feel and honestly I asked a friend about your gun and He told Me the market right now would bring You around four hundred bucks and that would be if the gun is perfect.He also said if You got five hundred or more You would be lucky. That is why I didnt want to make an offer on it. I sure didnt want to add insult to injury. I have been asking around for you though.

beach_

I agree.....I learned a long time ago, stay away from deals with family and friends. No matter what, someone is going to feel like they got a great deal and the other like they got totally screwed. It is a real buyers market......I ain't buying anything that I don't feel like I got a sweet deal on.
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:36 am

I appreciate you asking around. But since the same gun just by itself is up for sale at a local pawn shop for 450 right now, I think your friend is a little off. Rolling Eyes

Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum