South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insurance companies

+5
jughead
01YZF6
Dragon
hayweed
Miss G
9 posters

Go down

Insurance companies Empty Insurance companies

Post by Miss G Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:22 am

So far I've called 3 places to get insurance quotes. GMAC, don't waste your time...geez they're high. Progressive found Safeco and then I called Geico. The last 2 had the best rates...Geico was lower than Safeco by $3. Are there any others out there that anyone would recommend?
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Insurance companies Empty Re: Insurance companies

Post by hayweed Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:37 am

Try farmers ins. They under write mine. Not sure of the yearly rate cause mine is all in one. House, car, bike. They have decent rates.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:44 am

Ok, I'll give them a call. GMAC is who carries my vehicles. Cheapest coverage of all of them especially since I'm a rural carrier. They did me no favors tho'. No
Thanks Hayweed.
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Geico is cheap. Till you need to make a claim. Then they pay little and jack the rates to the sky.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Dragon wrote:Geico is cheap. Till you need to make a claim. Then they pay little and jack the rates to the sky.

Well...crap. Maybe I should go with Safeco then.... scratch
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:24 pm

I had safeco on 2 vehicles for 8 years!

when someone backed into my van at a parking lot, they screwed me ! jacked my rates, and fought tooth and nail to get the repair payout back ( which I had to pay to get my van back) the other driver was uninsured so they did not even bother going after them...

I just switched from AllState to Geico after 3 years, saved me over $450 and added my MC for a crazy cheap rate for full coverage
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:34 pm

*sigh* I guess it doesn't really matter which I choose. Ins co's have us by the short hairs cuz they know we have to have it. Rolling Eyes
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jughead Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:00 am

I have State Farm on all of my vehicles. There is absolutely no way I will change. I think your agent makes the difference with how your company treats you. I have been with State Farm (and with the same agent) for almost 30 years because of the service I get from my agent. Never had a problem with their service or rates. I might could save a few $$ by switching to Bob's insurance Truck Repair and Bait shop, but it just is not worth it.

Homeowners however.... that's another story. I have been in my house for 7 1/2 years. State farm will not write a policy that is competitive in price where I live, so I have Farmers. The policy has tripled since I have been here and they just informed me that in March I will no longer have wind coverage. Anyone in love with their homeowners insurance company??
jughead
jughead
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrbadlands Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:01 am

I have State Farm on all my vehicles with the exception of my bike. State Farm was almost double my Progressive rates on the bike. Progressive was the cheapest I found when I was looking for Bike Insurance.

I am in the middle of an accident claim on the Bike and feel pretty good about how things are going so far.

Mrbadlands
Mrbadlands
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:59 am

jughead wrote:I have State Farm on all of my vehicles. There is absolutely no way I will change. I think your agent makes the difference with how your company treats you. I have been with State Farm (and with the same agent) for almost 30 years because of the service I get from my agent. Never had a problem with their service or rates. I might could save a few $$ by switching to Bob's insurance Truck Repair and Bait shop, but it just is not worth it.

Homeowners however.... that's another story. I have been in my house for 7 1/2 years. State farm will not write a policy that is competitive in price where I live, so I have Farmers. The policy has tripled since I have been here and they just informed me that in March I will no longer have wind coverage. Anyone in love with their homeowners insurance company??

I have a manufactured home...we won't discuss homeowners ins. LOL!!! With the coverage I do have, I can buy a really nice, upscale tent to live in when this gets blown away.Rolling Eyes Mine is underwritten by Baldwin Mutual which is a subsidiary of State Farm. I'm going to call around but so far Geico and Safeco (found thru Progressive) have been the cheapest.

Mrbadlands wrote:I have State Farm on all my vehicles with the exception of my bike. State Farm was almost double my Progressive rates on the bike. Progressive was the cheapest I found when I was looking for Bike Insurance.

I am in the middle of an accident claim on the Bike and feel pretty good about how things are going so far.

Shocked Oh heavens, I hope you weren't badly hurt!! Back in my 20's, riding was no big deal. I hopped on and hauled @$$. Now in my 40's the very thought of what COULD happen makes me pale LOL
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:23 pm

The wife's sporty is with Safeco and my bike is with Progressive. Haven't had to use either for the bikes yet. Progressive was good with a vehicle wreck I had a long time ago. Farmer's has home and autos. Had a wreck a few years ago and never heard a peep from them other than my rate naturally went up.
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:56 pm

I took Geico for this year. We shall see what this next year brings. LOL Hopefully nothing bad happens. Rolling Eyes
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:11 pm

I have been with Geico for all my bikes and cars for 20+ years. I tried Progressive once and hated them. I think Geico is one of the best. Besides...that little gecko guy does make some pretty funny commercials!
;-)
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:05 pm

State Farm is the lowest on my bikes and everything else is well. The longer you are with SF, the cheaper it gets. Now when I go out to compare to others nobody can come close. They may be higher to get started with, but down the road if you keep your record clean the rates get better and better.

State Farm is a long term company. My agent is in Daphne, Jim Golemon. 1st class guy.

TM
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:12 pm

Thanks Tully_mars, I'll give them a call before renewal and see how it shakes out.
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:13 pm

jmunsey wrote: Besides...that little gecko guy does make some pretty funny commercials!
;-)

lol!
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum