South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new American motorcycle manufacurer... Motus Motorcycles.

+4
mobilestromrider
hayweed
Phantom
Dragon
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A new American motorcycle manufacurer... Motus Motorcycles. Empty A new American motorcycle manufacurer... Motus Motorcycles.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:31 pm

The KMV4. These guys built a pushrod v-4 motorcycle engine with direct injection. They are currently developing the line of motorcycles that this engine will power. The stuff they show in the video on the site looks very promising. Trellis frames, inverted forks. The motor they are showing is over 1600 cc's and 140 hp. These motors are also made to be hopped up easily. The architecture is similar to most pushrod American v-8's only cut in half. Oh, and they're a Birmingham Al based company! I'm excited to see what comes of this...
http://www.motusmotorcycles.com/
Here's a concept rendering.
A new American motorcycle manufacurer... Motus Motorcycles. Motus-mst-01

Back to top Go down

A new American motorcycle manufacurer... Motus Motorcycles. Empty Re: A new American motorcycle manufacurer... Motus Motorcycles.

Post by Dragon Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:42 pm

Intriguing...will keep an eye on this.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

A new American motorcycle manufacurer... Motus Motorcycles. Empty Re: A new American motorcycle manufacurer... Motus Motorcycles.

Post by Phantom Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:43 pm

Agree. Would be cool to see it in person.
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:54 am

Definitly have to keep up with this.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:02 am

Maybe we should plan a ride up to B'ham to see it... A new American motorcycle manufacurer... Motus Motorcycles. Icon_rolleyes Would be a great ride..after the rain leaves us A new American motorcycle manufacurer... Motus Motorcycles. Icon_rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:34 am

I'm going to swing by while I'm up there for the Barber Motorsports Festival... I want a Motus t-shirt!

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilestromrider Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:32 pm

WOW! UGH!,, Engine good! Me like!
mobilestromrider
mobilestromrider
Rear of the Pack

https://www.facebook.com/home.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:57 pm

I wonder what rpms it turns

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:18 pm

http://www.motusmotorcycles.com/kmv4.html
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:42 pm

8000 isnt bad for an overbore motor but you can take it farther with better pushrods

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:41 pm

Not too crazy about the concept rendering but wow at the motor.
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:52 pm

11 to 1 compression? Holy cow. You would need 105 octain fuel in that thing. I know it says 87 but I just dont see it.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:11 pm

I don't like the rendering either. But they said they were looking at doing a few different models... The naked chassis that you get a peek at in the video is pretty sweet.

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:50 pm

hayweed wrote:11 to 1 compression? Holy cow. You would need 105 octain fuel in that thing. I know it says 87 but I just dont see it.

Agreed. I have seen 10:1 bikes get away with it, but the timing has to be so dead on there is not alot of room for error to keep the detonation blues away.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:50 pm

personally I think it would look sweet as hell in a long go-fast machine. not to sure if the beast would do well in a cruiser. But it would be fun to try . Very Happy
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by wseibert Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:11 pm

My Hayabusa is 12.5:1
The Kawasaki ZX10R (Their 1000cc sportbike) is 12.9:1

They both recommend a min of 90 octane.
So, 11:1 on 87 is well within the range of possibility.
wseibert
wseibert
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:50 pm

I would like to see it in person

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:26 pm

compression isnt a dead set giveaway on octane rating, head design and flow are a huge part in it also.

p.s. glad to see you again wseibert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:30 pm

He lerks in the grass! Better watch him!

Speed always calls him out. affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:42 pm

the gsxr is getting new shoes and a few other things, we need to go ride. plus I just picked up a drag bike project

Back to top Go down

Post by wseibert Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:41 am

Cool man Smile I agree, a ride would be good.
It's about time that bike of yours got some new shoes Smile
wseibert
wseibert
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:33 pm

hey as long as you cant see the air in them they are still good

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:09 pm

Any word on Motus? I have checked the website a few times and seems there is nothing new.......
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:37 am

If there is, I haven't been able to find anything on it.
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:09 pm

Looks like another rice burner metric sport bike. Other than the engine technology not much different, why would anyone take a chance on it?
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next