South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTT or WTB Batwing Fairing

3 posters

Go down

WTT or WTB Batwing Fairing Empty WTT or WTB Batwing Fairing

Post by Mrbadlands Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:37 am

Greetings all!!!!

I am looking for a batwing fairing for my roadking. What I am looking for is one that can have a radio in it. I would like to pick up a used one on the cheap that needs some repair. It doesn't need a radio or speakers in it as I plan to do that myself. I would like to get the detach brackets, or at least be able to find a source for any brackets I might need to purchase. The paint and bodywork on the fairing can be rough as I plan to take care of that myself.

So if any of you know of someone that has what I am looking for laying around, I would be interested in getting in touch with them. I would be willing to purchase or trade them something that I may have that they want.

Let me know if you know of anything out there.

Thanks
Mrbadlands
Mrbadlands
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

WTT or WTB Batwing Fairing Empty Re: WTT or WTB Batwing Fairing

Post by hayweed Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:47 am

If all you want is a radio. Look on eBay. They have several on there with different speaker configurations. They also come with the quick detach brackets.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Good luck finding a cheap used one in any kind of fir condition. I have bought two of them so far. In 2006 I bought the Hoppe "Quadzilla" batwing fairing with stereo and 4 speakers for my softail. These are the top of the line. High quality, easy to pop on or off. But...they are expensive!! They sell the most for Road Kings and Softails. Then, unless you have a black bike. you will probably want to have it painted to match. That cane be $500+. They do look good though and good sound as you can really crank them up to hear over road, wind and exhaust noise.

Last year in Daytona for Biketoberfest I bought a batwing fairing from some oriental sounding company...TSUY something. It was less expensive but much less lower quality. I would not recommend them. If you have a choice between two and 4 speaker models go with 4 as you get more sound volume.

Unsolicited advice.....took me years to figure this one out as I am very cheap by nature,,,,but,,,,if you have a nice bike..and most HD's are...and they are expensive...you can really mess up their looks by adding cheap accessories to them. Just sayin!

;-)
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum