South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading.

+4
01YZF6
weirdbeard
hayweed
Dragon
8 posters

Go down

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Empty Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading.

Post by Dragon Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:01 pm

Another board we hang around had a group meetup for the first time to camp and do the Dragon on US129 in Tennessee. That's around 9 hrs from us and with ederas hips and us selling the actual 2 up bike we had awhile back, we opted to volunteer to run the chuckwagon and trailered our bikes up instead. Mine to make the Dragon run and hers cuz everyone wants to see her Johnny Pag self built show bike. This was on June 23rd-27th. Some excerpts from that from the other board:

(Wed night )
Teaser Alert

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Loadingup

Yep we're almost done packing the Truck, Just the frozen food stuff to go on in the Morning. We're out of here around 9 A.M. Those coming in Friday night, remember there will be Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo waiting for you, as well as, Cold drinks. Can't wait to see you all.

Thu. evening (We went up a day early to unpack all the stuff and have gumbo ready for all those arriving Fri. )

We're here just waiting for ya'll. Cold beer, soda, & tea is waiting
Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Thepair

(Friday ) First Rider in
Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. BackwaterArrives
Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. JeffRod

More arrivals:

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Mike

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. BoyacoArrives

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. BoyacoandRod

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. FinallyArrived

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Nate

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Jae

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Otter

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Joinsthegroup

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. BroHug

Suppertime. Homemade Gumbo, courtesy of Dragon, simmered all day:

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. CheifDragon

Friday night campfire. Cold beverages and road stories.

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. FIre1
Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Fire2

(Sat) Up at the crack of dawn to prepare to assault the Dragon:

CAW-FEE!!!!
Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. MorningCoffee

Mug shot along the way. 7 Bikes in all and our chase truck:

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Thegang

Starting point at Deals Gap. Been there, done that, got TWO T shirts. Very Happy

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Thebrave

LOTS of people on Saturday. We were told by many that if you don't want to be rushed or worry about pulling over for traffic, go during the week, it's nearly dead then.

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. 43630240

A reminder to be DAMN careful before you ride this road:

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Treeofshame

Now, LETS RIDE!!!!

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. 1stjeff
Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. 2ndjae
Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. 3rdMMOtter
Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. 4thwasMike
Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. 5thwasBoyaco
I ran my usual sweep position:

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. AstwasDragon

And they got away from me in a HURRY. But I just took my time and enjoyed the ride for the ride:

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Img_1690edited

Went by one accident and saw a couple others that might have been to come (idiot riders and stupid cagers ) But, happy to report our little pack came through with zero problems:

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Theyallmadeit

Sat. night. BBQ chicken with my secret sauce, more campfire and road stories:

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. ChickenGrilling

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. OurCheif

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Aftertheride

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. CampFire

Not much prettier than this on the road:

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. PrettyBikes

Sunday they all went and did the Dragon for the second time. My back wouldn't allow me a second assault, so we hung back at camp. Had Bratwurst and roasted potatoes over the fire for dinner. Everyone had a great second trip around 129. You can see more pics, read ederas running commentary and read everyone else's input here ( It actually went 12 pages, and that was the second thread,lol:

http://www.alternativecruisers.com/index.php?topic=17877.0

All pics courtesy of the lovely edera. Very Happy
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Empty Re: Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading.

Post by hayweed Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:51 pm

Nice job Edera. Glad ya'll had fun.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Empty Re: Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:12 pm

yea sounds like a fun time. nice bike also Edera

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Motorcycles, friendly people and great food + awesome roads to ride. Thats just as good as it gets. Cool
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:43 pm

OUT-FREAKIN-STANDING !

I know THANKS and recognition does not get said too often, but the ones who sacrifice the time and take the extra needed effort with all the NON BIKE stuff deserve a good ol pat on the back !

where did you guys camp/cabin at?
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:53 pm

Color me green with envy. One day, I will ride the Dragon. Glad to know our Dragon rode the Dragon problem free. cheers Edera, your bike is the shyt!!! The pics were outstanding!!
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:43 pm

01YZF6 wrote:OUT-FREAKIN-STANDING !

I know THANKS and recognition does not get said too often, but the ones who sacrifice the time and take the extra needed effort with all the NON BIKE stuff deserve a good ol pat on the back !

where did you guys camp/cabin at?

Awww, thanks. Always good to hear. We definitely consider it a labor of love, bikers gotta EAT sometimes, too Very Happy

We stayed at the Tellico Plains KOA campground and they were absolutely awesome folks. They had one room cabins with A/C for around 50 per night, some others got a 2 room cabin which was next to ours ( I think that one was 65 ). Even though we made reservations much later than they did, they made sure we were all together. A few had brought tents and Sat. night called for severe storms, so they came over and gave them an empty cabin to use instead. They have a pool, the big community fire pit you saw, hot showers and sparkling clean bathrooms, plus a pavilion with running water and sinks to wash dishes. I had paid for ours up front and we got delayed in arriving, which was after their office hours. When I looked in the night registration box, an envelope with our keys was there waiting. They were also running a special that was rent 3 nights, get a night free, which we did. It's well located just around a mile from town with gas, food, shopping and about 20 min from a walmart and also right on the route to the skyway. They also just built two camper "lodges," which have two rooms, a queen bed, a bathroom and cable tv. Those are around a hundred a night, though.
http://koa.com/campgrounds/tellico-plains/

I also signed up for an annual KOA membership, so if anyone happens to be traveling around, I can likely get ya a discount at any KOA. Wink
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Edera Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Thank you for all the kind words. Ace is a labor of love, and my pride and joy. I had every intention on riding him until my accident and my pelvis was broken. Now he's strictly for looks. I'll have him a prettied up for the BBQ. Maybe I'll get back to riding. Quit Frankly I'm scared do death, and hurt after even a short rid.e

Anyway. It was fun, and we all enjoyed ourselves.

Thank you again.
Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by river rat Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:26 pm

I really enjoyed the ride report . I also have to give Dragon and Edera a pat on the back . Well done . pirat
river rat
river rat
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:37 pm

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Gap2010

I went last year in July, Rode up from Mobile to deals gap and the skyway. Then proceeded to Ohio adn made a trip to pottsville pa, then to NYC just for fun. Headed back to ohio then to oklahoma. Picked up teh wife adn made it to hot spring Ar, then finished up the next day. 10 days and 5K miles.

Anyhow that is my favorite gap pic. They didnt get any good ones from the front.

Blurry pic at the resort

Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Ride1004

My reason for going to Pennsylvania.
Ride Report. The Dragon (Rt. US129 Tennessee ) Warning, HEAVY pic loading. Ride2030

camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:21 pm

Nice. Thanks for sharing. Very Happy
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down