South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

old metrics: who loves 'em and who doesn't

4 posters

Go down

old metrics:  who loves 'em  and who doesn't Empty old metrics: who loves 'em and who doesn't

Post by Paladin Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:26 pm

I was just working on my bike a while ago and was wondering if anyone else has one or any fond memories of one. So on and so forth.
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

old metrics:  who loves 'em  and who doesn't Empty Re: old metrics: who loves 'em and who doesn't

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:19 pm

I miss my old 79 gs 850

Back to top Go down

old metrics:  who loves 'em  and who doesn't Empty Re: old metrics: who loves 'em and who doesn't

Post by hayweed Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:30 pm

I do enjoy my supermagna.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:45 am

I did truely love my Magnas and V-max. There is just something about amazing metric muscle crusier. I fell in love with my friend's Dad's 92 Vmax, I had dirtbikes as a kid, as soon as I was old enough for a streetbike I went searching all over alaska for one. I finally found my first motorcycle outside of fairbanks in a town named Nenana. My 94 V-max was owned by this old oil worker that had not touched it in a few years. It was the best buy You can imagine. we only had about 2 and half months a year to ride and for a couple years I rode everywhere I could for those 3 months. the rest of the time I would rub it with a diaper and tell it bedtime stories. My girlfriend would get jealous when i would make dinner and go out to eat in the garage just to be closer to it. Damn I miss that bike. I need to get back to the AK 99577!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:42 am

72 CB750.
Punched out to a 900
6" over forks
Pullback bars
King/queen seat
16" hog rear wheel with oversized sprocket
Pearlescent white with prism metalflake (sprayed myself )

Twisted Evil
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:36 am

Sounds like some nice rides. I love mine, and would love to get my hands on a virago(post 83) or an old yamaha xs650.
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:30 am

My first STREET bike was a honda 250 custom. I loved that old honda. I rode that thing everywhere. Ended up putting it in a ditch doin about 65 on the interstate one night going home from work. I rode it for a few more month's and had to get rid of it.(alcoholism ruin's everything)
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:42 pm

I love 'em. My current rider is a 1972 cb750 cafe racer (see my avatar and sig pic). I used to have a 73 yamaha TX500 which is the bike that later became the xs500 and in my garage and in progress I've got a 68 cb350 and a 1985 Honda Rebel 250 bobber project. You could say I like old metric bikes. In fact, I'll probably never own anything not Japanese and at least 15 years old.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:03 am

I do miss my Hondas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:42 pm

I LOVE bout anything on two wheels , i guess the metrics will always have
a place in my heart , first time i heard a cbx honda with a kerker header on it, i thought somebody stepped on a wildcats tail, awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:59 pm

saw a reproduction of the worlds fastest indian 2 days ago, he migh tbe at the show, you want to talk nasty

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:22 pm

You should hear my magna. 4 into 2 with drag pipes.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:01 pm

nickestes wrote:saw a reproduction of the worlds fastest indian 2 days ago, he migh tbe at the show, you want to talk nasty

Huh?????
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:17 am

look it up, bonneville race bike from new zealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:12 am

Or you can Netflix it. Anthony Hopkins does a pretty good job as usual it was a neat bike

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:19 pm

I forgot about the movie, there is a real documentary about the guy with live footage of the bike way back when

Back to top Go down

old metrics:  who loves 'em  and who doesn't Empty Re: old metrics: who loves 'em

Post by mick01 Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:19 am

Deviant1 wrote:I love 'em. My current rider is a 1972 cb750 cafe racer (see my avatar and sig pic). I used to have a 73 yamaha TX500 which is the bike that later became the xs500 and in my garage and in progress I've got a 68 cb350 and a 1985 Honda Rebel 250 bobber project. You could say I like old metric bikes. In fact, I'll probably never own anything not Japanese and at least 15 years old.
That looks nice. love the sound of the inline fours.
mick01
mick01
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum