South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any other Magna rider/owner besides me?

5 posters

Go down

Any other Magna rider/owner besides me? Empty Any other Magna rider/owner besides me?

Post by Kondlao Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:14 am

Hey guys (and gals). Just wondering who else own or ride a Magna out there.
I'm a new rider and just got my hands on a 2000 Magna. Would like to hear and see what you have.
Any other Magna rider/owner besides me? 2011-012
Any other Magna rider/owner besides me? 2011-010
Kondlao
Kondlao
Skid Mark

Back to top Go down

Any other Magna rider/owner besides me? Empty Re: Any other Magna rider/owner besides me?

Post by hayweed Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:06 am

As far as I know you have the only magna on the forum.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Any other Magna rider/owner besides me? Empty Re: Any other Magna rider/owner besides me?

Post by Kondlao Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:45 pm

heyweed, I feel so lonely. Would you hold my hands? Crying or Very sad
Kondlao
Kondlao
Skid Mark

Back to top Go down

Post by crispy Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:09 pm

hayweed did not tell you he just sold his magna
crispy
crispy

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:45 am

I used to have one many years ago. Great bikes! Mine was a 84 V45. I was a bit disappointed when they dropped the shaft drive and went to chain. But it probably increased the torque to the rear wheel when they did that.

Nice bike, congrats!
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Kondlao Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:08 pm

hayweed had a Magna? No wonder he said he has a soft spot for one.

@ tully - I have been reading up a little on these bikes and I think they are incredible machines from year one.
I would preferred do to the fact of maintenance. I guess I'll have to put up with what I got.
Yes it does have a nice power for what it is. Can't wait how she feels after all the kinks work out of her.
Kondlao
Kondlao
Skid Mark

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:35 pm

Yes. I had a 1988 supermagna. I sold it to another member (jsteele) and he has since sold it to get a bigger bike.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:31 am

always wanted a magna as a second bike for smaller trips..looks nice

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldGuy Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:41 pm

I've got a riding buddy (currently in Washington, DC) who has an 87 Super Magna. Impressive machine. He could almost keep up with the V-Strom 1000 I had before he went north (WHY did I sell that bike???). He had some very professional Superman graphics put on it. I asked him how much faster it went after. He said no faster, but it made the exhaust sound like a cape flapping furiously in the wind.
TheOldGuy
TheOldGuy
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down