South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New guy from Niagara Falls, NY

3 posters

Go down

New guy from Niagara Falls, NY Empty New guy from Niagara Falls, NY

Post by Guest Sun May 30, 2010 1:23 pm

Hey guys, new here obviously.. Just moved down here from NY. I live in the Wilmer/Georgetown area, working at the Northrop shipyard in Pascagoula, MS.. I ride a 2010 Sportster 883 which I bought in February. Currently has 5,2XX miles on it. This is my 4th bike, been riding since I was 20. I love to ride anywhere, to the grocery store, to work.. anywhere I need to go. Don't care if it's suppose to rain. You know, I won't leave the house in the rain but, but if it is suppose to rain that day, I'll still ride. I didn't buy this bike to sit in the garage. I love customizing, and doing shit with my own 2 hands. I don't like anyone working on my shit.

Besides the bike I own a '87 Dodge Shelby Lancer #149 out of 800. It is turbocharged and was running 18psi of boost. Currently up for sale, turning it back to stock. I think I am going to regret selling it.

That's a little 'bout me. Anyone want to ride, drop me a line. I'm new down here so I don't know the good routes. I currently have no one to ride with either.

Back to top Go down

New guy from Niagara Falls, NY Empty Re: New guy from Niagara Falls, NY

Post by Guest Sun May 30, 2010 2:07 pm

Welcome to the board dude! I'm in Gulf Shores. If ya ever get down to the coast let me know and we'll ride!
Hell yeah to doin shit with your hands! Built Not Bought!
I'm a big do-it-yourselfer. If I don't know how to do it... I just learn how!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 30, 2010 5:22 pm

Welcome to the boards..is it ok that I like to pay someone to work on my bike? ;p Its hell on the manicure!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Sun May 30, 2010 5:39 pm

Welcome.
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 30, 2010 5:56 pm

welcome bud I'm in foley over by gulfshores I ride rain or shine let me know

Last edited by nickestes on Sun May 30, 2010 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Sun May 30, 2010 5:57 pm

Welcome. I live out by the airport. Look me up sometime to ride. If you run across a guy named Sparky Butler at work tell him you know me. He is my uncle.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 30, 2010 6:50 pm

Welcome, I rode threw Niagara in 08 it is a beautiful spot. there is a restaurant named Alton's outside buffalo great food. I am very new to the area as well and live right off I-10 and D.I.P. on Dog river. i will ride any afternoon or weekend. I take my bike to work everyday rain or shine. so just let me know when you are in the Hood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 31, 2010 12:21 am

craftyjfromak wrote:Welcome, I rode threw Niagara in 08 it is a beautiful spot. there is a restaurant named Alton's outside buffalo great food.
Yes thank you, Niagara Falls is a beautiful area. Starting to get over run by riff raff. Did you get a chance to go over to the Canadian side? Even nicer

Deannsei wrote:Welcome to the boards..is it ok that I like to pay someone to work on my bike? ;p Its hell on the manicure!
I hear ya Deannsei, I hate nothing more than to put on a fresh coat of "Wishful Pinking" then go in the shop and start bangin' my knuckles on adamant objects. L'Oreal will just have to wait til' after the wrenching is finished.

hayweed wrote:Welcome. I live out by the airport. Look me up sometime to ride. If you run across a guy named Sparky Butler at work tell him you know me. He is my uncle.

Doesn't sound familiar, what department is he in? I'm an electrician dept 35. Me standing at a staggering 5 foot tall with a severe case of Napoleon syndrome... I'm hard to forget. I work on Ship 24. Zone 3

Does anyone know if there are any swap meets coming up? I heard the Leather Locker puts on a few a month. I love swap meets. You never know what kind of interesting shit you can pick up..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 31, 2010 1:31 am

try to start one up on the eastern shore first one is last saturday in june

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 31, 2010 9:45 am

The Hawg Pen in Foley does swap meets pretty regularly. Next time I'm up there I'll ask when the next one is. The Outlaws MC put the meets on, and there are some sweet deals to be had, but it's all Harley stuff. I bought an 08 nightster seat for my son's bobber project for $10.00. And my bud got a set of risers and bars for his sportie for $40.00.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 31, 2010 2:07 pm

I believe it was bought out but the outlaws, I think howards ex-wife sold it to them for a clubhouse. if its still on let me know I used to go there all the time last year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 31, 2010 6:40 pm

Deviant1 wrote:The Hawg Pen in Foley does swap meets pretty regularly. Next time I'm up there I'll ask when the next one is.
Sweet, I get as giddy as a school girl at MC Swap meets..

Deviant1 wrote: The Outlaws MC put the meets on, and there are some sweet deals to be had, but it's all Harley stuff.

That's ok, I'm partial

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Mon May 31, 2010 6:47 pm

Hey man. Don't know what dept.he works in. Some bigwig over there. He's always out of town anyway.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 31, 2010 7:03 pm

hayweed wrote:Hey man. Don't know what dept.he works in. Some bigwig over there. He's always out of town anyway.

... Heh heh, maybe I need to rub shoulder with him. I need a better position.. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Mon May 31, 2010 7:08 pm

He rides a SE Road King. Real nice guy. I'll try to find out what he does.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 31, 2010 9:05 pm

Oh no dude! I like Harley's too. It's just that I don't own one. And it's tough to find parts to go on your Hondas when all of the parts are Harley. I've bought a seat and turn sig's there, but for a Harley guy, the place has a lot of sweet deals. I saw some fatbob tanks going pretty cheap, primary covers, and lots of stuff I would have bought if I had a Harley.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Good way to feel about riding in the rain. This weekend was a fine example of local rainstorms. We had to outrun one Sat. Just barely beat getting in a bad T-storm. Mick01 was the Master StormChaser. LOL

Last edited by Coolpepp on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : att to wrong link)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:26 am

Welcome from another transplanted northerner. Learning the new roads ourselves. Lots of events to check out in the events forum including a new bike night location/swap meet and a bike show in july at Champs. Also having a forum members meetup/BBQ/ride to a car show June 12th.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum