South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just a bum_ thinking about emotions

+8
Dragon
joeyputt
JSteele
01YZF6
Edera
weirdbeard
hayweed
beachbum_
12 posters

Go down

just a bum_ thinking about emotions Empty just a bum_ thinking about emotions

Post by beachbum_ Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:49 pm

the recent actions and reactions about the kid in the wreck really has me in a tail spin. on one hand i understand both points of view and believe emotions got outta hand. when i joined this forum i took on the responsibility of adopting brothers and sisters the good and the bad. and if we cant dump our s*it here then maybe we are just long distance cousins and need to take a hard look at our self.could nick have held back his emotions yes could they rest of us done the same for sure. is anyone right or wrong in the knee jerk reactions without a damn doubt. can we all put this to the side well i damn sure hope so.I have had the pleasure of meeting a bunch of yall and look forward to meeting the rest. hopefully we can all have a little more compassion and look at it from all angles and remember that sometimes or mouth or in this case our fingers just out run or mind and our ass gets there first.
ps nick or dragon maybe post up some info on what you need to get outta the jam and maybe someone can help or knows someone looking for what your selling. ok ok before i get blasted here remember im not taking sides either way but just trying to be a brother from another mother

peace bum_

beachbum_
tag along

Back to top Go down

just a bum_ thinking about emotions Empty Re: just a bum_ thinking about emotions

Post by hayweed Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:00 am

I understand what you are saying. And I could not agree more. Let me be the first to apologize to nick and dragon. We all let it get out of hand. And I apologize for letting it get that way. I have deleted the thread all together. Let's try to work this out for the sake of the forum.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

just a bum_ thinking about emotions Empty Re: just a bum_ thinking about emotions

Post by weirdbeard Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:12 am

Man I was thinking the same thing. We are all supposed to stick together. Ditching somebody because they feel different about something than you do is crazy.

Live and let live.

Everybody looks at life different. Not everybody feels the same way you do.. They don't have to. Lets be free.. Lets ride.. Be safe.

weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Edera Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:13 am

+2 all ALL sides.

Let's try to let cooler head rein here. And we'll ALL try to walk in the other guys (or gals) shoes 100 miles. As the old Indian Saying went.
Edera
Edera
Bent Wheel

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:23 am

It is all in the past and I have no hard feeling, I hope no one out there has any towards me. I have no problem discussing something and letting the entire discussion (good or bad outcome) be a lesson learned for all involved parties. I have taken a lesson from the actions of the deleted thread and I hope others have too. What kind of person would I be if I could not forgive. I have met many people on this site and know that all of them have seemed kind and willing to help out with what they can. I have also offered help to people here on many different levels. That is the brotherhood we have and I hope we continue to have.

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:47 am

Love you guys! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:37 pm

I think its cool that everyone can admit to a fault or two now and then. and even cooler that you can own it, discuss it openly, and work together to move past your differences and towards a solution....

Rock ON!

now this is where I may get banned....and so be it if the forum gods deem it necessary!

I think you should have left that thread open for viewing, and perhaps just LOCKED it instead..... there were many valuable insights and emotional thoughts expressed throughout it that should be kept as reminders of what takes place in the REAL WORLD, and how comments in a close family type forum like this, can and will affect REAL PEOPLE, and create very REAL reactions and outcomes.

I know I am the New Guy on the block here, but thats just my $.02.

you cant just erase LIFE as you see fit..... and whether you realize it or not, this board is part of every members life.

thanks for reading

01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:09 pm

I agree with you to a point. If you were a visiter to this forum and read what was going on. Would you want to be a part of it. We are still new and I felt we didn't need it on the board. At first I locked the forum but after careful consideration I decided to remove it for the good of the forum. I know every time I looked at it I turned red all over again. I felt that other members may have been the same way. So I took it upon myself to delete it and to forgive and forget. It may be too late for some but I have tried to contact nick and I will see dragon tomorrow. I will make my peace with them individually.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:19 pm

its all good, no ill will from over here at all.....

and I understand your justification behind that decision plainly....

01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by JSteele Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Hayweed,

You did the right thing by removing the thread for the reasons you stated.

P.S. I will be by your shop by Friday.
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:41 pm

I definately did not want to hurt anyones feelings nor am I here to try and tell people what they should do, say or think but I am and have always taken up for the little guy and those that can not take up for themselves. I am very sad that everything went down the way it did and I only wanted to try and help others see things from a more compassionate view, however other folks seem to have been offended instead. I know that we all have different views and thoughts about life and we will most of the time agree, yet sometimes, especially in the heat of the moment, we will not. I actually broke my own rules a bit here as I said I would not ever discuss politics, religion or too personal/emotional views here and I did, I can not say that I am sorry for my own views as I feel I only stood up for what is right in my own mind, however I am sorry if I offended anyone or if anyone feels I was picking on them for that was not my intention. I feel this whole thing was bad, no question about it and although I agree with yz that it could be a good reminder for other folks if it was still up, I do believe that it is best that it was removed out of respect for the young man and his family as well as for our SAMCS family, and to keep things positive here for our visitors. I do not have any hard feelings towards Nick or Dragon it is only a difference of opinion which we definately are all entitled to. I do consider all of us Brothers and Sisters and thoroughly enjoy my time here and even now if there is anything I can do for Nick or Dragon I will. I totally understand what they are both going through and was not trying to downplay their own problems I just felt that at the moment there were things we could have been more compassionate about...well I am starting to ramble on now so I better wrap this up...

Let me just say it simple...Nick and Dragon I have no hard feelings at all, just a difference of opinion, and in my opinion that is nothing to lose friendship or brotherhood over, you both are always welcome here if you ever cruise my way and if there is anything I can do to help just let me know, send me a message if you like with the bikes/parts you need to move and I will help you try to sell them if I can, and I recall you saying you needed gaskets to put them back togethor so even if I can just help that way I will try. It is in the past and my hand is out to shake on it...
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

http://www.dwmsracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:14 pm

Oh yeah...and THANKS beachbum and all for trying to keep the peace.
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:52 pm

+1
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:14 pm

I am taking a vacation from here. No promises on whether I will be back at all. Anything I would say would likely be taken wrong.

But just for the record, I have wished NO ONE Ill Will of any sort for decades. I learned the hard way, do that and it comes back on you threefold. So if anyone is thinking otherwise, you are more than wrong.

Rubber down.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:20 pm

Dragon, there is no need in taking a vacation, stay with us man. If you have something to say please do and I feel everyone is more than willing to listen with an open heart, I know I am. But if you just feel you need time thats cool and I can understand but seriously everything is all good on my end man, had I thought feelings would get hurt I would have stayed out of the whole deal, so stay and hang BROTHER Dragon.
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

just a bum_ thinking about emotions Empty ok cool now that s*it is outta the way lets get together and ride like the breeze_

Post by beachbum_ Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:48 pm

hopefully everyone is calmed down a bit and ready to put his stuff to rest. i agree removing the thread was the exact right thing to do and maybe it wouldnt hurt to turn n burn this one too.

peace bum_

beachbum_
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Got this in an email today. Thought it would fit in with what has been going on. lol!

The Pastor's Ass

The Pastor entered his donkey in a race and
it won.
The Pastor was so pleased with the donkey
that he entered it in the race
again and it won again.

The local paper read:
PASTOR'S
ASS OUT FRONT.

The Bishop was so upset with this kind of
publicity that he ordered the
Pastor not to enter the donkey in another race.
The next day the local paper headline read:
BISHOP
SCRATCHES
PASTOR'S
ASS.
This was too much for the Bishop so he
ordered the Pastor to get
rid of the donkey.

The Pastor decided to give it to a Nun in a
nearby convent.
The local paper, hearing of the news, posted
the following headline the next day:

NUN HAS BEST ASS IN TOWN.
The Bishop fainted.

He informed the Nun that she would have to
get rid of the donkey so she
sold it to a farmer for $10.
The next day the paper read:
NUN
SELLS ASS FOR $10.

This was too much for the Bishop so he
ordered the Nun to buy back the
donkey and lead it to the plains where it could run wild.
The next day the headlines read:
NUN ANNOUNCES HER ASS IS WILD AND FREE.
The Bishop was buried the next day.

The moral of the story is . .. . being
concerned about public opinion can
bring you much grief and misery . . even shorten your life.

So be yourself and enjoy life.

Stop worrying about everyone else's ass and
you'll be a lot happier and live longer!

Have
a nice day!
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:07 pm

LOL...

Back to top Go down

Post by jughead Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Boy am I glad I did not read the thread. I don't even want to know what had everyone so stirred up.

Dragon........... we need you, and your knowledge to stay here with us.

jughead
jughead
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by 01YZF6 Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:09 pm

nice quote hayweed! hahah
01YZF6
01YZF6
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostrider Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:38 am

Dam I must have stayed in Florida toooo long because from the sound of it I missed what all this is about and from the sound of thing may be a good thing I did. I don't know what all of it is about and don't want to know. All I got to say is we brothers and sisters here and where I walk brothers and sisters and the Brotherhood are for life, so everybody needs to bury it and move. Just my .02 worth
Ghostrider
Ghostrider

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryD Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:50 am

Dang....I missed it too.

I flew out Monday on business to Detroit, come back and get to read about drama! Basketball

Oh well....It's probably better this way.
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtFreak Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:47 am

That's my luck. Somebody yells "fight", & by the time I get there it's over. If somebody crashed or got hurt, then I hope they are OK.
You can't take life so serious. Don't sweat the little things, & don't pet the sweaty things.
DirtFreak
DirtFreak
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Upon further up close and in person discussion with a couple people from here, it seems everyone thought everyone was talking about everyone else and the wrong people got the wrong idea about talks being about them even though others were talking about other people, not themselves and the snarled mess goes on forever. Not even worth sorting out, IMO.

As for myself, I will post a list soon of what I need and what I have for sale, which most things can't really be helped by most folks from here anyway, though I know they will try to help out. Just spreading the word is all I ask.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:50 pm

Be happy to help anyway I can Dragon, as I am sure everyone will be. Feel free to PM me your list if you like.
joeyputt
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down