South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sold the bike. Project cancelled.

+2
hayweed
camo
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sold the bike. Project cancelled.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Sold the bike. Project cancelled.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:14 am

Yeah, those were pretty bad looking, so the lemon juice didn't have enough oomph to get it done. Glad you're working on it dude. Can't wait to see it come together.

Back to top Go down

Sold the bike. Project cancelled.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Sold the bike. Project cancelled.

Post by camo Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:30 am

Got quite a bit done last night, Finally had tome to work on it, Stayed out there till 1 AM. Time flies. Trying to decide on clip ons or clubmans. Not sure which way i want to go with it.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:31 pm

On your bike clipons might be more comfortable. I started off with clubmans but the position was really hard on my wrists and the clipons are much better. It's more work, but it also looks good and shows that you went the extra mile.

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:13 am

I am leaning towards clip ons. I am not 18 anymore. adn I fully intend to make a couple trips furthur than just the edge of town on this bike. no cross country stuff, but I would like ti to be comfortbale enought to ride to p- cola and back. I think i am going to start searching for clip ons. Thanks for the advice
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:20 am

Rearsets might be something you would need too. I don't have them on my bike, but folks swear by them. I just don't know if I want to be in a full race tuck all of the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:11 pm

For comfort, I reccomend clubmans, since they are riser mounted and not right on the fork tubes, they tend to have less vibration and are not quite as low as clip-ons. If you were building a track bike or little sprinter, I would say go clip-ons, but if you really want to ride it more, go with clubmans. I was always a fan of clip-ons before, but like you, I realized I was not getting any younger, so I mounted clubmans on the 350, and I have to say...I like the clubmans much better for comfort!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:46 pm

My bike is MUCH more comfortable with clipons, and I've rocked both setups on my 750. You're leaned over more with clipons, but the angle is more natural to your wrist than the funny downward angle that clubmans create... imho.

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:16 pm

Rear sets will be added once it gets running, I wish I had clubmans to try, I have never ridden with clubmans, but I think I like the look of clip ons better. I have had clip ons on many bikes before. if I go with clip ons, then I have to change the headlight mount. No big deal though. Comfoprt is not a big issue, If I have to ride any real distance I will be on the FJR anyhow.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:06 pm

UPDATE---- Its alive. Got the carb kits tonight. Got them installed adn the carb reinstalled. Put on pd filters and adjusted the fuel air screws accordingly. Installed the battery adn gas, hit the choke adn kicked it 5 times adn it roared to life. A few clouds of smoke adn it cleared right up. valves sound good. took it for a mainden ride around the neighborhood. Went thru the gears fine. I am missing haveing a front brake. i need to get teh reservior for it. but it runs pretty well. I set the points by eyeball the day i got it home. so i am sure they can be adjusted better with a gap gauge, but it ran adn ran pretty well. Now for the wait. The title was an Idaho title that was screwed up by having several owners sign it in the worng places, hadseveral sign it in dealer spots. Lets say bubba bought the bike and never changed the title but signed it, then he sold it to billy bob who signed it in the dealer section, then it went thru several hand the same way. So i dropped the paperwork off today to get a abandoned title for it. I negotiated the $150 fee when I bought the bike so I knew it was going to have to be done, but now I have to wait 6 weeks for the title to come in. Waiting is not my strongest virtue... but Now i wait.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieNNN Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:38 pm

Sounds like you have it under control.
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Sold it.

Last edited by camo on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieNNN Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:48 pm

Looking good Camo.
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:00 am

Nice. The bars look great. And you made them, which is awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:19 am

I try ot fabricate everthing I can. thanks for the encouraging words.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieNNN Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:59 pm

Looking forward to see some new pics soon.
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:24 pm

Hey Camo! I also have a XS650. If you are interested in ditching the points and going with a electronic iggy, you should check out the "Pamco" kits @ www.yamahaxs650.com

I have one and they are great! Just contact me if you need any help with it, but it's so easy that I doubt you will.

Back to top Go down

Post by skulls Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:38 pm

thats cool i had a special II in highschool and the clutch pin broke then my leg broke and i needed a 4 wheel drive so i sold it for 800.00 bucks it was a looker. i ve got a 86 yamaha virago 700 xv project going right now got my carb kits in waiting to size up my cables for 22 inch apes its been a blast tearing into this thing. it,ll look more like bobber straight out of mad max

skulls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2