South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cafe racer events and goings on.

2 posters

Go down

Cafe racer events and goings on. Empty Cafe racer events and goings on.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:21 pm

Hell yeah. We got us a cafe section!
I was thinking that this would be a good place to post up any kind of event with a vintage or cafe racer theme.
The only thing I know of in the area is a Mods Vs. Rockers night on the second Thursday of every month starting at 7:00 at Mcsherry's downtown. Twisted went to the one this month and said it was a good time. Dolores and I will be going next month for sure.
Anyone else got anything? A vintage bike night? A VJMC(Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) meet up anywhere?
Post it up here!

Back to top Go down

Cafe racer events and goings on. Empty Re: Cafe racer events and goings on.

Post by camo Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Crickets chirpin..

might have to make our own , Well Once I get a cafe bike put together that is.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Yeah. There's not much going on here locally! What kind of thing could we do? Just a bike night somewhere? Or a ride maybe... A rolling herd of cafe racers would be nice... It would be a small herd though! Maybe a regular group wrenching session. Ya know, once a month we show up at a different guy's garage and help him with a project. Rotate so that each of us gets some help... That actually sounds like a lot of fun. I also like the idea of a cheapie team build, then auction off the bike and donate everything above what it cost us to build it to some worthy charity.

Barber Vintage Motorcycle Festival will have a huge cafe racer show. Some choice bikes from all over. I am so stoked to finally get up there this year!

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:16 pm

I like the idea of a garage day. I usually work on mine alone, but i wouldnt be opposed to helping or getting a littel help. We did that on teh FJR forum a few years back at a guys garage down in Dallas. had a good time and met alot of people, those uf us that could turn a wrench helped those that werent mechanically inclined.

I like the way you think.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:24 pm

Exactly! Okay... so we got us an event idea. I'll let it marinate and see what happens. Gotta get Twisted involved too, and 2002xlh ended up with my old Rebel bobber project. Maybe Dragon and his Kz... Yeah we've got lots of folks with projects.

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieNNN Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:36 pm

Darn it Deviant1, you have me looking for a cafe now. They look like alot of fun.
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:29 pm

Cmon Nein, get with the program, Its only money, Youll make more.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:35 am

That's right... And it'll only cost a few payments on a Harley to do the whole thing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:05 am

Well, time is in a crunch for me most of the time....it gets harder and harder for me to make time to work and play with the bikes...but I am down with the rotating shop idea...just not sure I can make all of them.

Who has the shop with the best tool selection? Ya know...the fun stuff, plasma cutters, mig and or tig setup, lathe, milling machine?

I know my place and Deviant1's place is pretty primative when it comes to the power tool setup....and Devient1's place just got a lot smaller!

I say just a once a month meet would be good idea, and if we can have it in someones shop every once in a while thats great too, we could mix it up, sometimes do the wrenching, sometimes do some riding, and sometime just drink and tell lies!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:10 pm

I like the shop idea, I have two projects now, that I wil bel posting up pics of soon. anybody who needs it I have tons of space at my shop and many amenities to help with projects

Back to top Go down

Post by camo Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:53 pm

Sounds like we need to get this together soon. We could iron out some details at the BBQ if anyone is comin besides me.
camo
camo
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down