South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off road mechanic shop coming soon

Go down

Off road mechanic shop coming soon Empty Off road mechanic shop coming soon

Post by Guest Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:19 am

I have been an off-road mechanic for 15 years and have worked for honda and ktm dealerships. Now I am retired from that and need a little side work to stay busy. I am also tired of seeing people in mobile getting screwed, the shops around here get $85 dollars an hour on labor and can charge as much as $400.00 or more for a complete service. I believe they are out of touch with reality and don't realize that this country is in a depression. I am in the process of building a full service garadge on my property were I will be under cutting their prices by half at least.
I use the best machinist in the country, his name is eric gorr and I am a certified mechanic with experience in off-road
vehicles such as dirt bikes, atv's, and side by sides also known as utv's. Sorry no street bike's when my shop is ready
I will post the info. Until then if you need help with an off-road machine feel free to give me a call at 251-367-3870
all work will be top notch. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Off road mechanic shop coming soon Empty Re: Off road mechanic shop coming soon

Post by Guest Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:41 am

easy there with the finger pointing, we do have shop rent and bills to pay as well as saving for our own retirement, I stick to the street stuff but still. my hourly rate is 60 and I go by book time I dont think that is too bad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:01 pm

I don't think he was pointing the finger in your direction Nick, but I can say I relate with him about mechanics prices. It's not just the prices alone, but the degree of crookedness that a lot of shops stick to.

- " Ahh well, I know you just came in for an oil change, but we noticed your blinker fluid was low ( gotta have blinkers) and we also charged up your flux capacitor (in case time travel becomes a reality) you need to be prepared.. By the way, that an extra 423.15."

My wife took the van once to get the oil changed while I was down here working and she was still in NY with the kids. The guy told her that her transmission fluid was low and since it was a 2006 she should make an appointment to get it in and have it checked. She called me, and I told her to have the guy top it off and when I come home I'll check it out. She told me she never saw him put anything in because the hood was closed. He also didn't charge us, but when I checked the fluid a couple weeks later it was fine... go figure..

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:17 pm

I see that all the time TN. I get a lot of people from other shops that have been told they need something they dont. I DO have to go buy the company's labor rate. But I can charge less hour's than the book time. So I can get around it when I want.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down