South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Spark

2 posters

Go down

No Spark Empty No Spark

Post by VULCANRIDER Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:44 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have an issue with my 97 Vulcan 800 Classic. A couple of weeks ago I took carb off to rebuild
after sitting for several months. The bike was running but sluggish. Afterwards put back together and the bike would only turn over but not start. Pulled the plugs and no fire coming out of either ignition coil. I thought maybe a wire was pinched but I couldn't find one. I just so happen to have a spare wire harness for my bike so i changed that, still nothing. My CDI box was put on another bike exactly same and it started so I am guessing its good. My ignition was also put on the other bike and was good. ALL fuses tested good. I tested the trigger coil with a OHms meter and it was tested well in the range it was suppose to. Oh and yes I had spare ignition coils and changed them out as well.

I am getting plenty of fuel so that's not a issue. My bike is turning over good just not firing. Bike is in neutral and my bike hasn't had a side stand switch in many years as it was removed since its not even on the bike any more. Anyone have any ideas ? I am at the point of giving up and unloading it as is and buying a new bike.

Thanks

VULCANRIDER

Back to top Go down

No Spark Empty Re: No Spark

Post by jughead Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:17 am

Just a dumb question......... have you checked the wires where the side stand switch use to be? Just to make sure they are still connected (I assume you removed the switch and shorted the wires together)

jughead
jughead
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by VULCANRIDER Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:40 am

Yeah checked all that as well.

I don't know what I am missing. When I test everything with a meter it all checks out well within the parameters. I had another person check my readings just to make sure I wasn't wrong and they got same things according to specs.

I just bought a HD Heritage Soft tail and If I don't get this Vulcan running I'm gonna start parting it out. Its worth more in pieces than all together. I was hoping to let wife ride it if I got it running.

Thanks

VULCANRIDER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down