South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened to this place.

+17
rglgatortail
meliftman
ZombieNNN
Jack the Bagger
mobilestromrider
keystiger
TheOldGuy
T-Ray
72shovelhead
Sonny
DirtFreak
Miss G
intruderrider
beachbum_
jmunsey
JSteele
hayweed
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What happened to this place.  Empty What happened to this place.

Post by hayweed Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:25 pm

I can't believe that no one has posted anything in a while. This place has gone down hill. What gives. Does my breath stink.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

What happened to this place.  Empty Re: What happened to this place.

Post by JSteele Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:19 pm

I usually only post when I have something intelligent to say. I got excited some time last year and tried to organize a ride or two and I even tried to develop a text notification system that did not seem to work out. I check in almost daily and I may comment on something that I can add to, but like you say, no one is posting anything. I see quite a few large groups riding on thew weekends. Who are they? I don't know but they like group rides. We do have some excellent members here that try to get things going but I don't know what's missing. Maybe it's because we are not like a real club with monthly meetings and rides scheduled till the end of the year like Southern Cruisers does. ??????????
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by JSteele Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:28 pm

7 logged in today?
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:41 pm

I usually only post when I have something intelligent to say.

Wow! If I followed stiff rules like that I would have nothing to say.

Hayweed...been meaning to mention that breath thing!!

Hey!! It has been cold and rainy and I have severe cabin fever! Rode to work one day last week but then it either got real cold or rained. Have to get a break soon and kick off the riding season!

lol! lol! lol!
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:36 pm

I just figured this would be a good time to post something since nobody is riding in the bad weather. I know people have a life and work.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beachbum_ Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:44 pm

Take Me Drunk I'm Home <> It does seem to be going down hill around here and hopefully we can get back on track, I have invited several people to come in and join and a couple commented after lurking *sic* that there wasn't enough to lurk for. Maybe we could just have a invite to ride setup by anyone for either saturday or sunday and if anyone shows up then ride. it should only be setup for someone that is going to make the ride anyways that way they wont be mad by no shows. (example) within the next couple weeks the weather and bosses will allow a ride up to Camden Alabama and i will invite everyone here to ride along as i need either a tour guide or suggestions on the best route etc.
beachbum_

beachbum_
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by intruderrider Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:46 pm

I stll Lurk. Cause I hardly ever have anythung intelligent in My Head.
intruderrider
intruderrider
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:48 pm

That's not a bad idea beach_
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beachbum_ Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:49 pm

hell any idea is better than sittin around with the proverbial thumb stuck somewhere. there is also several concerts albeit small venues soon in case anyone is interested Example Marshall Tucker the 17th at the Vinyl in pensacola and Kid Rock in pensacola and The Moody Blues and Grand Funk Railroad at the beau etc Yeah I know most of these are bands older than dirt like me but good ole music beats the s*it outta watching reruns or the same ol same ol .

beachbum_
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:17 am

I've noticed that there seems to be less and less activity in here. As for myself, I've had power washing work on my days off so little in the way of spare time. My evening are spent catching up on laundry and housework I can't do on my days off now. lol. And I'm still looking for more power washing work too.
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtFreak Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:57 am

This thread is like the one I started "this place is turning into a ghost town".
One reason you might not see me lurking is because I have to log in everytime I come here. I'm also without much to say. Even on other motorcycle forums I've been on for over 10 years, I average less then one post per day.
DirtFreak
DirtFreak
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

What happened to this place.  Empty Route to Camden

Post by Sonny Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:15 pm

beachbum_ wrote:Take Me Drunk I'm Home <> It does seem to be going down hill around here and hopefully we can get back on track, I have invited several people to come in and join and a couple commented after lurking *sic* that there wasn't enough to lurk for. Maybe we could just have a invite to ride setup by anyone for either saturday or sunday and if anyone shows up then ride. it should only be setup for someone that is going to make the ride anyways that way they wont be mad by no shows. (example) within the next couple weeks the weather and bosses will allow a ride up to Camden Alabama and i will invite everyone here to ride along as i need either a tour guide or suggestions on the best route etc.
beachbum_

If you want to go backroads to Camden a good ride is to leave Stockton heading North on 59, left on Co Rd 1 to 84, left on 84 a couple miles and then right on 39. Follow that to 41 go left and that takes you right in to downtown Camden. Didn't say it was the most direct route but it is a great ride.
I worked up there building some piers on the river, huge alligators up there. Also some places are dry(no alcohol), so you need to prepare ahead.
Sonny
Sonny
Skid Mark

Back to top Go down

Post by 72shovelhead Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:14 pm

I am still Lurking around also between two projects kicking off not much time to get on the soapbox and ramble on. Even being here in Pace I still often ride over to balwin county and ride the back roads time and weather permitting.
If the green light is given next month on the one project, I will have very little riding time before heading overseas for an extended time. So I will be lurking until then seeing what is going on. If someone wants to come over and help me take the rear head and cyclinder off the shovel and fix that darn rocker leak give a shout.
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by T-Ray Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:04 pm

I try to log in every day but, i also rarely post unless I have a question or I comment on someone's post. I decided to go back to school after shutting down my business so i have little free time between class, studying, and family. Sometimes I ride to school just to be able to get on the bike.
T-Ray
T-Ray
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:25 pm

T-Ray wrote:I try to log in every day but, i also rarely post unless I have a question or I comment on someone's post. I decided to go back to school after shutting down my business so i have little free time between class, studying, and family. Sometimes I ride to school just to be able to get on the bike.

Between my regular job and the power washing, riding my bike to work is about all the riding I get right now. But, it's all good. I have a higher purpose in mind....financial breathing room!!
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:56 am

Winter blues setting in big time. It either rains or is way too cold. I kinda did a little mardis gras last weekend in NOLA. Hit up the Rdale gun show and finally was able to pick up some more ammo. Very scarce these days. Headed over to Lillian tomorrow to pick up the Deuce Coupe. Had to take it to H&D for 50K service, tire, etc. It will be ready now and ready to roll!

Tomorrow is an open house at the Eagle Talon accessory shop in Pcola. The moved from 9 mile rd over to Copter road...just keep heading east on 9 mile and you reach Copter road on the right....turn right on copter and it is somewhere down that way. They usually have free bbq and stuff.

Hey!! This winter can't last forever...can it????@!!!!!!

;-)

lol!
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:12 pm

I just updated the calendar with some events up through 5/18/13. I took most from the Gulf Coast Schedule of Events Calendar. I am certain I will have to update info along the way and also certain that other events will pop up. I will update the calendar as I can.
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldGuy Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:22 pm

Beach --- you'll eat at Miss Kitty's a block west of the courthouse, won't you? Yum!!
TheOldGuy
TheOldGuy
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by keystiger Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:18 pm

I too have been doing double work duties, and my main job just opened a new location in Foley which I am heading up. Has cut into my "free time" quite a bit.
But I do try to check every so often, just like most said don't always have "something intelligent" to ad.

I know theres a Bubba Blackwell ride this Saturday, I may ride down to the end (The Hangout) but will avoid those organized group ride portion of the program.
keystiger
keystiger
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldGuy Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:50 am

If you want to go backroads to Camden a good ride is to leave Stockton heading North on 59, left on Co Rd 1 to 84, left on 84 a couple miles and then right on 39. Follow that to 41 go left and that takes you right in to downtown Camden. Didn't say it was the most direct route but it is a great ride.
I worked up there building some piers on the river, huge alligators up there. Also some places are dry(no alcohol), so you need to prepare ahead.[/quote]

Should be a great ride. I've not been on 39, but have on upper 59, 1, 84. Once went father on 84 to 35 (which becomes a different 1) , followed it up to Co or State 10, turned right, came east into Camden. Considerably longer, but 35 was fun. And primitive.

There's also a fair-to-middlin large catfish restaurant on the west bank of the Tombigbee River (not the Alabama River) west of Camben on 10. It's past Dixon Mills then Sweetwater. The last significant crossroad before the Tombigbee is Rte 69. Cross the Tombigbee, go a few hundred feet, find a little blacktop on the right, follow that into the restaurant. I didn't think the catfish was too good but all the sides and the cornbread and tea, etc, was very good.

And Miss Kitty's Restaurant, one block away from the west side of the courthouse in Camden, is real plantation soul food.
TheOldGuy
TheOldGuy
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:21 am

keystiger wrote:I too have been doing double work duties, and my main job just opened a new location in Foley which I am heading up. Has cut into my "free time" quite a bit.
But I do try to check every so often, just like most said don't always have "something intelligent" to ad.

I know theres a Bubba Blackwell ride this Saturday, I may ride down to the end (The Hangout) but will avoid those organized group ride portion of the program.

I'm not a fan of those really large, "organized" ( Rolling Eyes ) rides either. No
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilestromrider Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:01 pm

I am still here just been real busy, but still check in daily.
mobilestromrider
mobilestromrider
Rear of the Pack

https://www.facebook.com/home.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:43 pm

I stick ma head in couple times a week
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieNNN Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:47 pm

I haven't been here in awhile, but I am still here. Like Miss G, I ride to work and back due to too much stuff to do on weekends.
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilestromrider Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:16 pm

Heading to the CG-6535 Memorial Dedication mission for tomorrow..Lowe’s parking lot, 7760 Airport Blvd, Mobile, AL (actually on Schillinger Rd)

Time: 0800

KSU: 0815

RCIC: Bob “Yoda” Johnson, 251-648-5744, pgryoda@gmail.com
mobilestromrider
mobilestromrider
Rear of the Pack

https://www.facebook.com/home.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next