South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which bike to choose?

3 posters

Go down

Which bike to choose? Empty Which bike to choose?

Post by jaded Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:55 pm

I'm thinking real hard about a new ride. From browsing the classifieds and such I've come across 3 that I think may fit me, but can't seem to decide on one. Hoping maybe some members here have rode these and have some insight.

2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2005 BMW K1200LT, or 2008 Victory Vision.

I want something more comfortable than my current ride, but would like to retain the performance. Nailing that throttle and tapping triple digits always puts a smile on my face.

I know the concours 14 is a speed demon, but also the least comfortable.
The BMW is about the same powerwise as my current ride.
I am thinking the Vision is the most comfortable, but I am not sure a v-twin will give me the power I like.

jaded
jaded
Skid Mark

Back to top Go down

Which bike to choose? Empty Re: Which bike to choose?

Post by hayweed Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:49 pm

Not sure about the 08 but I think the vision has a 100ci engine. Beach_bum has a Vic for sale. You may want to drop him a pm.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by saltcreep Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:31 am

Just my 2 cents, the vision is too much fairing for this area, you'd be able to enjoy it fall/winter but burn up the rest of the year. I understand they get a bit toasty. It's also 900+ lbs.

One, I've kinda been kicking around: http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/mcd/3264531860.html
Love the improvements to the 2010+ Concours

I don't know much about the BMW's, I looked at some of them to start with and then looked at the parts fiche for the bikes I was interested in and priced parts. $600 for a clutch, etc.. I am cheap-a$$, I couldn't stomach it.

saltcreep
saltcreep
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:23 pm

Thats a good deal on the Concours there. It owns the field when it comes to performance. If I could find one that someone already mounted a top box, it might work out. Or just factor in that extra $700 or so to my price.

I hear ya on the BMW. In my little bit of research I'm seeing that there are quite a few folks who have had rear drive failures. I'm a cheap-a$$ too.

jaded
jaded
Skid Mark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down