South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a mechanic for it now.

2 posters

Go down

I need a mechanic for it now. Empty I need a mechanic for it now.

Post by intruderrider Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:00 pm

My intruder has just started to smoke on decelaration. ( open the throttle and then back of quickly) it will burn blue smoke out of the front cylinder. This condition just started today. Got home this evening and to the aircleaner off and cleaned the air filter
(K&N reusable) but it wasn't that dirty. I did start the it without the aircleaner and the same thing happened also took my hand and covered the carbs front first and boy did it burn blue smoke, put my hand over the rear carb and the bike choked off no smoke. The bike still run good but with a tap like spark knock on heavy acceleration. So 1. What are your opinions? and 2.Who is a good Metric bike Mechanic?
intruderrider
intruderrider
Burnt Tire

Back to top Go down

I need a mechanic for it now. Empty Re: I need a mechanic for it now.

Post by jmunsey Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:14 pm

Wish I knew of one. We had one nearby a few years ago. He had a small home based shop off 62 but sadly, he moved up north. I took Debi's Honda last time to A&B Cycles. They did good work, just hated taking it way up there. I have taken it to Gulf Shores Power Sports...they seem to do OK service work...but not real crazy about going there. I do know a few local HD shops but have not found one yet that works on metric stuff. Not sure if Performance Cycles over on 59 even does service work. May not hurt to call and ask them. There is a fairly new Hall's Power Sports dealer over near Spanish Fort. Have not had any work done there yet. Take 90 west...just past 181 and there is a right turn to get to them.

There is a small shop up in Bay Minette:

The Motorcycle Shop
3.5 stars
(251) 937-8855

114 N Hoyle Ave, Bay Minette, AL 36507

He does work on metric and from the looks of things, needs the business. Would not hurt to give him a call.

SS Cycle off 98 in Foley also works on metric although I do not know much about them.

There is another small bike shop in Bay Minette off 59....I just can't remember the name of it right now. I would try The Motorcycle Shop first.
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Douglas Cycle - (251) 580-8537
35580 State Highway 59, Stapleton, AL 36578

This is that other small shop in Bay Minette. I do not know anything about them other than passed them and saw their sign a few times. Never hurts to check out several. I would still Lean toward The Motorcycle Shop though up in BM.

If ya need any tools like a lift or anything, let me know.
Good Luck!
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down