South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please think of your FAMILY!

4 posters

Go down

Please think of your FAMILY! Empty Please think of your FAMILY!

Post by JSteele Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:32 am

Every motorcycle rider should have at least a $10,000 life insurance policy to cover all funeral expenses. I know none of us plan on dying on our bikes but your still gonna die one day! If you have a wife/kids, at least have a $100,000 policy. Term life is so cheap that there is no excuse not to have it. If you cant afford a $10,000 policy then you can't afford to own a bike! If you were to die today on your bike, the last thing your friends and family needs is to try to figure out how to pay for your funeral while grieving your death. Please think of them!
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Please think of your FAMILY! Empty Re: Please think of your FAMILY!

Post by T-Ray Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:47 pm

Very Well put my brotha! I've already wrecked one bike in my life. I knew I was going down when it happened and it amazed me how i was able to relax knowing that my family would be set financially. Thank god I was not seriously hurt but, had the worst happened my family was covered.
T-Ray
T-Ray
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:17 pm

Yep, I've got term which I will not be able to afford in 10 years due to the rate increase. Thinking real hard about getting a whole life policy so that I will be covered till the big ride is over.
jaded
jaded
Skid Mark

Back to top Go down

Post by JSteele Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:18 pm

I posted this after EhtioKnights untimely death. What made me do this was reading somewhere that his friends on the other forum were going to raise money to help cover his funeral expenses. This has always been a sore subject with me. That's why I made the comment that "if you can't afford $10k in life insurance then you cannot afford a bike". I have sacrificed alot over the past 25 years so I could make my insurance payments and not have to be a burden on someone if I wrecked my car, got hurt on the job, my house burnt down or I died. I even have enough life insurance on my kids that would cover their funeral expenses and help me out so I could take some time off from work to grieve. Of course my goal is to never use these policies, but I will always have them. It gives me the piece of mind knowing that my family will be fine if something happend to me.

My reason for pointing this out is that I hope that someone that is not insured will read this and think again before they partake in a hobby that can kill them. It's bad enough that you will leave friends and loved ones behind to grieve your death, but make sure they do not have to worry about how to pay bills and for your funeral.
JSteele
JSteele
Bent Wheel

Back to top Go down

Post by T-Ray Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:47 pm

Amen to that Joe!
T-Ray
T-Ray
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Thanks Joe!
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down