South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread

+14
JSteele
Dragon
river rat
crispy
hayweed
Paladin
saltcreep
Tbonez
Jack the Bagger
72shovelhead
ratznfragn
Scadoodle
Miss G
tully_mars
18 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread

Post by Scadoodle Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:11 am

I'm glad too, God is Good!
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread

Post by Miss G Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:18 am

I just can't imagine hitting something THAT big and not wrecking... pale I've had a small bird fly into my leg before and that was freaky enough. I'm not sure I could do that kind of mileage on my bike...the no sleep part would get me quickly...
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:17 am

I rested all day the day before, mostly slept, plus that ohrah, gorah stuff is still in me. Your bike could go for days with out stopping. It was freaky, With out faith, you all would be riding for me. I thought, I should have kept him and stuffed him and mounted him on my fender
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by 72shovelhead Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:49 am

Stuffed buzzard on the fender...We all have seen other junk on there a big angry buzzard would be something!!!
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:26 pm

72shovelhead wrote:Stuffed buzzard on the fender...We all have seen other junk on there a big angry buzzard would be something!!!

lol!
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:04 pm

making long trips on yer bike gives you a lot of confidence in the bike ...

didja ironbutt or just do it ??
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:23 am

I actually did the Iron Butt, now I just have to get off my butt and get the paper work in, on my list for today.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:43 am

Scadoodle's handle needs to be changed to Buzzkill!
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:53 pm

I still wish I would have saved him and mounted him on my fender
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Well, I'll have to look at my Speedometer one day. Don't like the move I made with it. Don't like my bracket, had to put some support on it, came out bad tools broke, damn I don't like anything right now.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by 72shovelhead Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:22 pm

Take a photo, set back and study it for a while you will get it right.
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:04 am

Yeah the more you "obsess" over it the worse it will get. Take a few pics, go in side, grab a beer, upload said pics....

Put them on photoshop and totally destroy them. Then go outside and try it again. Twisted Evil
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:25 am

I put the thing on just to ride. I've got some heavier plate, I'm going to take it slow and get it the way I would like it. I got some more cutters coming, I'm going to work on a way to carry my welding tanks to get filled since I can't put them in a closed vehicle. Maybe clean my shed too. I gave up drinking in 1985, I was not very sociable when I drank, Coffee and Coke work fine for me.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:33 am

so when you IB'd the only receipts that had to be witnessed were start and finish right ??

I've done it several times in the past , but never for the "glory"

You wanna do the 3000 on a Sporty ?? eekkk ...
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Yeah, I may have to do it again, I missed the receipt for start and finished part of the instructions till I was filling out my paper work. I'm still going to turn it in, never know. I want to do an Alaska trip with a loop around the states. I'll need to get some things in order to be able to take the time off.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:53 pm

I mapped out on the Garmin program a loop around the border of the US , was like 15000 miles , the only "cheat" was shooting strait across Texas instead of following the southern border .. Alaska would add another bunch to that .. From here when you cross the border into Canada from Montana you are not even half way to Fairbanks AK ..
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:54 pm

Finally sold the Motor home , so thats a big step towards Alaska next year
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:04 pm

Nice. Congrats
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:17 pm

Motorhomes are like boats, the happiest days are buying it and selling it.

Scadoodle, what is your latest mileage reading?
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:07 pm

Well I figure when I saw tully posted I better get off my can and go look. With the week end mini vaca and the personal day today, I only managed to end up with 77,634.
There's still tomorrow, and then some I hope!
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:22 pm

finally rode toady , first time since the twelfth in case anyone is curious , I thinketh thats a record of some sort for me .. Man I was going crazy with the stone and not being able to rrrrrrride ...
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Good to hear u are back on the bike Jack.
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:34 am

Glad your up and out Jack!
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:22 pm

Yay Jack! cheers

Scott...that's some serious mileage you have going on. Shocked
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 72shovelhead Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Jack,

I'm glad you are back in the saddle again!

And I bought those Elite III's and hope to try them out early next week, had the bike down for a 1000 mile break in inspection and one thing lead to another etc.etc... Missed some nice days since taking it down over two weeks ago and it is driving me CRAZY to not ride. So glad to hear you are riding again.
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next