South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread

+14
JSteele
Dragon
river rat
crispy
hayweed
Paladin
saltcreep
Tbonez
Jack the Bagger
72shovelhead
ratznfragn
Scadoodle
Miss G
tully_mars
18 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread

Post by Scadoodle Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:36 pm

No problem
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread

Post by Scadoodle Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:36 pm

Well hell froze over this week end, I didn't ride, not even in the neighborhood
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:14 am

74000 since September ?? U da man ...
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:41 am

Scadoodle wrote:Well hell froze over this week end, I didn't ride, not even in the neighborhood

And I rolled 100 mi Sunday which was a really COLD ride. Guess I'm dumb. lol!
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:54 pm

Na, I wish I had the energy to get out last week end, Ride till you can't ride no more, I figure 110 tops, that will give me ten years to make amends. I may slow down when I get to 95 and just ride week ends.
As of tonight after an after work excursion to retrieve my wifes lost drivers license:
I really want to get 80,000 by the end of the year, I guess I'll shoot for March.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:19 am

Rolled 75,000 yesterday pulling in my drive, went out on a little earn run, I had three miles to go, so scooted around Fairhope, it rolled right in front of my drive. Wooh hooo. Going to pamper her with new oil and check her over good, maybe, rub her down with some wax.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by 72shovelhead Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:15 pm

Scadoole,

Congrats!! I hope I get a third of your miles on the shovel..yea right, "that is wishful thinking'' I am going to have to break down someday and bike another bike to ride into the dirt, the way your bike is going makes me think hard your model is deserving of another look. Currently looking like I will be off thru after New Years maybe we can hook up for a ride? I want to make the end of the year ride so going to change the oil and have a new brush kit for the starter on the way before then,possibly look at rebuilding the S&S maybe. Any way Merry Christmas and looking forward to riding with you again.
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 am

Get a hold of me if your off, I'm about Boarder line banana's right now, I going to need a lot of riding after this Holiday. I had to go to Walmart and grocery shop tonight, kept wanting to stab people with my pen. I'm in need of air, lot's of air.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:47 am

and Dude, you could probably get a mess of miles on your ride, Merry Christmas, I'm off this Monday too, pretty sure Monday after new years too. Let's ride
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by 72shovelhead Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:57 pm

Just went out and tried to start the bike and click....got the battery on charger also have new brush kit for starter on the way. Battery a year old 'so hope only being pulled down by bad brushes it has been more of an issues since the top end rebuild all that good compression kicking the starter's butt!! After charging if it fires up then Yes lets ride!!
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by 72shovelhead Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Freaking starter motor..have one arriving wednesday night will have on and running for Friday morning,,see you on the road??
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:08 pm

72 You going to the Stagecoach for last ride of the year?
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by 72shovelhead Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Yes, new starter due in tomorrow will be up and running for end of the year ride on friday
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:54 pm

72shovelhead wrote:Yes, new starter due in tomorrow will be up and running for end of the year ride on friday

You're gonna make the ride! Awesome!!! cheers
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Dense fog, buzzard attack, freezing temps.
I clocked 1065.2 miles in 23 hours 48 minutes
Now I have 76,439 miles
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:40 pm

I need to change my log in name to
"Buzzard Slayer"
This was the third bird encounter I had with in a month, He didn't make it, I tried CPR and mouth to mouth, but it was too late
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by 72shovelhead Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Congrats on the ride! Good time also, Buzzard Slayer... I like it!! A couple of cage drivers I would like to have slayed this weekend"
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:10 pm

Scadoodle wrote:Dense fog, buzzard attack, freezing temps.
Now I have 76,439 miles

Wow...just...wow!!
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tbonez Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:12 am

Scadoodle
Was that steady riding limited breaks?
trying to find out. we are talking about doing the 1000/24
wife and i that is

Tbonez
Skid Mark

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:29 am

Scadoodle wrote:I need to change my log in name to
"Buzzard Slayer"
This was the third bird encounter I had with in a month, He didn't make it, I tried CPR and mouth to mouth, but it was too late

After the CPR I think that classifies as "too much information". lol

Laughing
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by saltcreep Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Scadoodle wrote:Dense fog, buzzard attack, freezing temps.
Now I have 76,439 miles

Damn.. just damn. I've never done that and I'm driving a big ass lazy boy recliner.
Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread - Page 2 Smileyvault-worthyOfficial Scadoodle mileage tracking thread - Page 2 Smileyvault-worthyOfficial Scadoodle mileage tracking thread - Page 2 Smileyvault-worthyOfficial Scadoodle mileage tracking thread - Page 2 Smileyvault-worthy
saltcreep
saltcreep
road grime

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:08 pm

IT was pretty Steady, I stopped only at gas stations and did all I could every stop. I drank mostly water. I did stop at a close friends house in Ceder Key and fix my Windshield and Visited a bit. Ate a Sub at the Gas station subway, Drank a cup of Coffee at the gas station in Ormond beach. Limited as much stopping as I could. The cold cost me some time. I had to stop for another coffee around midnight. I would suggest doing it in milder conditions. I took scenic roads during the day light, and interstate at night. I went 98 and 30A along the gulf coast to 345 (the Buzzard Road) to Ceder key then shot 40 to Ormond Beach and jumped on 95 to 10. I'll be going back down 98 and stopping at all the sites I had to pass up. It was a beautiful ride. I got more cold than sore. Rest the day before all day, sleep as much as you can, do absolutely nothing to burn energy. Be packed two days before. I got this bottle holder with a sling, I can drink going down the road safely, I wish I had a hydration pack though, I think if I try for 3000 mile run I'll get one. I took little sips as I needed just to keep from getting dry. My Nightster will only go about 2 hours before she Gets thirsty. so I guess you could say I stopped about 10 minutes every 2 hours average. It really wasn't hard core pressed till it got cold. I'd say get ready and go for it.
I really didn't try CPR or any resuscitation on the buzzard. Wasn't sure was it was really, just big with Feathers. He skidded farther than I did. I got a feather he lost. I've never seen a bird turn back as he did. I was running 65, I hit him at 60ish. I went all over the place,Blessed with no traffic, took out one little piece that clamps to my forks to hold the windshield on. No other skid marks either.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:38 am

Wow....is all i can say. Glad u are back safe.
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:53 pm

Shocked pale
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:10 am

Don't be sad miss G, I'll let you come next time
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next