South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread

+14
JSteele
Dragon
river rat
crispy
hayweed
Paladin
saltcreep
Tbonez
Jack the Bagger
72shovelhead
ratznfragn
Scadoodle
Miss G
tully_mars
18 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread Empty Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread

Post by tully_mars Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:46 pm

I don't know if anyone here knows, but Scadoodle is one heck of a rider. His bike is a 2008 HD Nightster, and last i checked with him he had 72,500 miles on it and still going strong.

So i started this topic to track him to see how far he can make a Nighster go!

So Scadoodle, what's the latest count?

Ride safe Scadoodle!

Last edited by tully_mars on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread Empty Re: Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread

Post by Miss G Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:27 pm

He's rolled a LOT of miles on that bike. He rides it to and from work virtually everyday and then he rides for fun on the weekend. Hmmm...can you say BIKER? What a Face
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread Empty Re: Official Scadoodle mileage tracking thread

Post by Scadoodle Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:21 pm

73,629 as of now, It was a cold morning busted out the cold suit and the windshield, good for 17 degrees now
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:43 pm

Scadoodle wrote:73,629 as of now, It was a cold morning busted out the cold suit and the windshield, good for 17 degrees now

No You're crazy. LOL
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:52 pm

Hey, just realized this should be posted over in Campfire, anyway to move it Admin? My Apologies...
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:06 pm

We'll let you slide for awhile
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by ratznfragn Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:09 pm

Got me beat,I only manage about 15,000 miles a year.
ratznfragn
ratznfragn

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:46 am

I've only got a little over 8K in this year BUT...I did have knee and shoulder surgery and that sidelined me for 3+ mos....
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 72shovelhead Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:34 am

My hat is off to the daily rider who rides in all conditions, as one who only had a bike to ride during my early years and ventured across the country I never did get close to Scadoodle's hard riding miles. Did experience the four seasons and several times ran off the road by four wheelers with their heads in the clouds. I have been riding without an odometer since selling the 85 evo, and not really concerned until now with the topend rebuilt..just guess-a-mating going tank to tank....Sorry got off track here..CONGRATS to you SCADOODLE..hope to ride with you soon.
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:55 am

73,618 Thursday morning
Looking forward to hearing the roar of that shovel-head.
I'm getting the itch to turn 80,000. I'm hoping for a few more nice day before January.
It's a lot different, less people looking for bikes, I'm not the only one out there though.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by 72shovelhead Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:57 am

Yes, fewer riders on the roads, I am going to try to ride at least daily the next few days in the afternoon mostly. Will re torque the cylinder bolts this morning and ride this afternoon.
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:02 pm

I ride ever day as well , winterizing the scoot means Tourmaster riding soot and full face helmet

all that on a Sporty , jeez , couldnt ride Sweeties Sporty across the yard , felt like a moped
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:14 pm

Yeah if your used to a dresser it's hard to get on a Sporty, I really liked the design of the Nightster, I wanted a green one till I saw it up close. I have all kinds of attachable stuff for it. I keep it if I ever get something else, I just don't feel safe in a car
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:20 am

I agree with you on safety in a car .

the bike is my preferred mode of transportation hands down , I have everything I need to stay warm or dry on the bike ..

Very rare that I go to werk in the truck , but I did Mon thru Thursday of this week , bitter cold and wind ( in the middle of the night ) with rain .. Yesterday was first I rode all week ..

Felt good ..
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:11 pm

I don't have what it takes to stay warm or dry. :-( I need help here. Riding for a little bit twice a week isn't enough!!!
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:38 am

Well, Miss G, I'm not sure what drives me, but I'll have to say, I contribute my endurance solely to my Faith in God. I get cold sometimes too. It's hard to handle Cold and wet together, I like flannel lined jeans, I do my best to dress in layers. If I keep my neck and upper parts warm, it's not so bad, I also have to protect my ears. When I get home, I get out of the cold clothes as quick as possible and change my socks. I try to give my toes wiggle room and keep them wiggling while I'm cruising along. I try not to get stuck in the cold unprepared. I ride now while I'm able, when I hit 90, I may have to slow down. I just get out and do it! I also try not to get hot getting dressed. Always think ahead, don't trust the weatherman more than your instincts, stop when you need too Stay hydrated mostly with water. I also have heard that if you are cold you should not drink something hot and visa versa. You definitely need to know your body, to watch for danger signs, like hypothermia, and stuppers (doing things that ain't right). Wow Jack, night shift would be a tough one, Nights are more unpredictable than days, having limited visibility seeing clouds, I think the worst time of the day is when the Sun comes up, it seems to push the cold away. Seems to make the temps drop.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:36 am

74,061 as of Sunday Morning
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Sounds like you turned 74k on hwy 29 this weekend! Very Happy
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:49 pm

My hands are what I suffer with the most. Is there such a thing as a glove or gloves that will actually protect from the wind and cold??? Oh... and not be so darned think that you can still use your controls?

Congrats on the roll over Scott!
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:50 pm

Heated grips and gauntlets. Then you can ride at 30F all day.
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:37 am

tully_mars wrote:Heated grips and gauntlets. Then you can ride at 30F all day.

Heated grips??? Shocked Gauntlets? Hand covers?
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:46 pm

Heated grips are suppose to be the best, I've got some electric gloves, but having little feeling in my hands helps too!I use Brown Jersey gloves as liners, I get them from the Shell at hwy90 and I 10 in Florida, they seem to be the best com paired to Wally world, or any other store. My Fairing Windshield helps too.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:48 pm

74,238 with the week end rides. I was hoping for about 500 this week end, I wrestled a water leak for a while and had to chop wood.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Rode today and yesterday, see what tomorrow will bring. I'm too pooped to pop! to go out and look at my odometer. Sad isn't it! If it wasn't going to rain, I'd go on a moonlit run.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by tully_mars Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:16 pm

No worries, weekly updates are ok too.
tully_mars
tully_mars
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next