South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you for all that you have done

+6
hayweed
Paladin
Dragon
ratznfragn
Miss G
Scadoodle
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thank you for all that you have done Empty Thank you for all that you have done

Post by Scadoodle Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:09 am

I want to take this opportunity to start thanking all the Military personnel that have served, still serving, or lost love ones to protect my freedom and my way of life. Thank You, may God bless you and comfort you, and be with you always.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Thank you for all that you have done Empty Re: Thank you for all that you have done

Post by Miss G Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:30 am

Well said. You served, I served....there are so many.
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Thank you for all that you have done Empty Re: Thank you for all that you have done

Post by ratznfragn Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:07 am

Well put,indeed.
People in this ountry tend to forget the freedoms we have have come at a price,both in sacrifice and life.
ratznfragn
ratznfragn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:34 pm

Semper Fi, Brothers and Sisters. Smile
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:31 pm

Semper Fi. Oooh Raaah.
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:38 pm

Semper Fi!
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:54 pm

Yes. Very well said. I thank them every time they come in my shop. My father served and my older brother served. And I thank them all.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Ditto!

Don'e forget Applebee's on Friday.......free dinner to all veterans. They do that every year.
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:09 pm

jmunsey wrote:Ditto!

Don'e forget Applebee's on Friday.......free dinner to all veterans. They do that every year.

Where is the nearest Applebees and how do you prove you're a veteran?
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:28 pm

I usually go to the one in Foley off 59. I always have my retired ID...but I don't think they would challenge anyone if you just told them you were. Maybe bring some old paperwork or something.....but not sure that is needed. One year my wife wen with me and they never asked her for any proof and gave us both meals free.
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:41 pm

Yeah, I didn't reitre from the AF I only did one hitch. Guess I could TRY to find my DD form 214 and make a copy... LOL I didn't know there was an Applebees in Foley. I've never been there.
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:44 pm

U need to get out more girl!

;-)
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:14 am

I know, I know. LOL. Work gets in the way of everything. Rolling Eyes Why oh why couldn't I have been born rich instead of beautiful? *giggle*
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:27 pm

I must still look like a Marine, I usually don't get asked. DD214's work
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:11 pm

Scott, once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine. What a Face
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:31 pm

Damn right. Oo-Rah.
Dragon
Dragon
Obsessive Member

http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:12 pm

I'll drink to that.
Paladin
Paladin
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Damn, o-all excited now, I want to go bark at the moon and howl in the wind!
OO-RAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:46 pm

Scadoodle wrote:Damn, o-all excited now, I want to go bark at the moon and howl in the wind!
OO-RAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

lol!
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 72shovelhead Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:53 pm

Crap, two tours one with the Navy and one with the Airforce...a son currently serving in the navy somewhere in the Indian Ocean. And still surrounded by marines!!!. What more can a guy ask for DITTO to all of you!!!
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss G Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:21 pm

72shovelhead wrote:Crap, two tours one with the Navy and one with the Airforce...a son currently serving in the navy somewhere in the Indian Ocean. And still surrounded by marines!!!. What more can a guy ask for DITTO to all of you!!!

I did 1 hitch in the Air Force and my oldest son is a Marine. What a Face Lotsa good company to be found in here.
Miss G
Miss G
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the Bagger Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:29 am

Marines are still a branch of the Navy , the girls and sissies branch

cant go anywhere without us , and they do make good gate guards at Navy bases

I dont even know if I can find my retired ID card
Jack the Bagger
Jack the Bagger
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scadoodle Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:57 am

Actually the Marines were started cause no one else would take them. Sad kind of, but, the risk there lives to protect those ships. Thanks for the ride.
Scadoodle
Scadoodle
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by 72shovelhead Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:03 am

The truth is no matter where I go or have been in the world when meeting former servicemen and women their is a strong bond of respect and recognition for those who have served. One of my good freinds from nam, 1st recon division marines pasted away last year. And even my father in law Navy vet from WWII, we did not agree on 90 precent, but did respect one another for our past serving the country.

everyone have a great veterans day..and remember the ones who are no longer with us.
72shovelhead
72shovelhead
Rear of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:14 pm

A lesson that should be taught in all schools . . And colleges....

Back in September of 2005, on the first day of school, Martha Cothren, a social studies school teacher at Robinson High School in Little Rock , did something not to be forgotten. On the first day of school, with the permission of the school superintendent, the principal and the building supervisor, she removed all of the desks out of her classroom.

When the first period kids entered the room they discovered that there were no desks.

'Ms. Cothren, where're our desks?'

She replied, 'You can't have a desk until you tell me how you earn the right to sit at a desk.'

They thought, 'Well, maybe it's our grades.'

'No,' she said.

'Maybe it's our behavior.'

She told them, 'No, it's not even your behavior.'

And so, they came and went, the first period, second period, third period. Still no desks in the classroom.

By early afternoon television news crews had started gathering in Ms. Cothren's classroom to report about this crazy teacher who had taken all the desks out of her room.

The final period of the day came and as the puzzled students found seats on the floor of the deskless classroom, Martha Cothren said, 'Throughout the day no one has been able to tell me just what he/she has done to earn the right to sit at the desks that are ordinarily found in this classroom. Now I am going to tell you.'

At this point, Martha Cothren went over to the door of her classroom and opened it.

Twenty-seven (27) U.S. Veterans, all in uniforms, walked into that classroom, each one carrying a school desk. The Vets began placing the school desks in rows, and then they would walk over and stand alongside the wall. By the time the last soldier had set the final desk in place those kids started to understand, perhaps for the first time in their lives, just how the right to sit at those desks had been earned..

Martha said, 'You didn't earn the right to sit at these desks. These heroes did it for you. They placed the desks here for you. Now, it's up to you to sit in them. It is your responsibility to learn, to be good students, to be good citizens. They paid the price so that you could have the freedom to get an education. Don't ever forget it.'

By the way, this is a true story. And this teacher was awarded Teacher of the Year for the state of Arkansas in 2006.

Please consider passing this along so others won't forget that the freedoms we have in this great country were earned by U. S. Veterans.
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum