South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone with a trailer that can haul 2 BIG cruisers?

5 posters

Go down

Anyone with a trailer that can haul 2 BIG cruisers? Empty Anyone with a trailer that can haul 2 BIG cruisers?

Post by HenryD Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:00 pm

My daughter wants to take a vacation up in them hills of North Georgia. Her idea is to rent a cabin and laze around for a week. Of course she wants to take the 4 door Dodge and a friend, so riding the bikes is out. I want to at least TAKE the bikes. So, Anyone have a trailer that they would "rent" to me for a week or so?

I can assure you that I will take care of it, and am willing to sign some sort of liability papers or whatever......but remember, my bike, and the WIFE's bike would be one it, so know it would be well taken care of.

Just tossing this out there. I want to buy me a covered trailer at some point, but right now, I just want to take a vacation.
Thanks,
HenryD

HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Anyone with a trailer that can haul 2 BIG cruisers? Empty Re: Anyone with a trailer that can haul 2 BIG cruisers?

Post by hayweed Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Mine will only carry one. Don't know anyone else off hand.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anyone with a trailer that can haul 2 BIG cruisers? Empty Re: Anyone with a trailer that can haul 2 BIG cruisers?

Post by jmunsey Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:03 pm

I have a good sized enclosed trailer and have carried my wifes VTX 1300 and my softail in it. When do you need it?

Jim
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/jamesr100/Bike%20Stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryD Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:39 pm

jmunsey wrote:I have a good sized enclosed trailer and have carried my wifes VTX 1300 and my softail in it. When do you need it?

Jim

Hey Jim, as of right now we are looking at the 1st week in August. Not set in stone as of yet, but we are getting close.
Thanks for the response.

We met at Burnouts, when we had the meet and greet. Your wife had left her saddlebag open on the trip down I-65. I was on the VTX as well.
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:02 am

My trailer is a 2 place designed 2 axle motorcycle trailer. We bought it back in 2005 and have used it to cart my softail and her VTX back and forth to daytona and then a number of neighbors have used it to move furniture. You are welcome to it. You can come out anytime to look it over if ya like. I have the regular pingel chocks which I don't use anymore but also the Condor chocks. They work much better. The trailer has brakes on it too if your tow vehicle has the controller for them.

Jim
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryD Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:37 pm

This is awesome Jim. I will set up a time and ride by or something. I am excited now.......may get to do some riding after all!

I will get back in touch with you in a couple of weeks, once we get some more concrete plans.

Thanks so much for the offer.
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:29 pm

You are the man Jmunsey!!! Very cool of you to offer that.
Phantom
Phantom
Admin

http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:17 pm

I rode the old BMW's for about 16 years and was a member of the BMW owners group. I used to love there rallies all over the country...anyway...they had this thing called the BMW Anonymous book...if you were a member, you got a new one every year in the mail...it was a small paperback sized book.....basically...members from all over the country and in their case all over the world would volunteer and list their phone number and town and a code of what they would offer to anyone who called them....anything from a truck or trailer to tool or storage spot to work on your bike even down to camping space...some would list emergency only...some would list coffee and conversation or any combination in between. I thought that was such a great idea...you could break down anywhere and just look up what town you were in and there would be phone numbers for help. I guess I kinda miss that since I crossed over the the "dark side"......Harley!
No idea why all that came to mind...senility??!!
;-)
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by keystiger Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:49 am

Wow that BMW OWners book is a real cool idea. Never heard of it before and owned a BMW for a spell. But at the time I was way down in Key West....not much info gets in or out of that isolated area Very Happy
keystiger
keystiger
tag along

Back to top Go down

Post by jmunsey Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:37 am

I keep my old book in the saddle bag even today. I am sure most of the volunteers listed there are still around and would help out if ever called. It truly was better than any AAA club thing. I kinda miss it. Maybe someday I will pick up an old classic BMW and get back into it. I sure loved those rallies.
jmunsey
jmunsey
Extraordinary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:56 pm

Hey Henry I found this today on CL. Maybe somethin for ya... http://pensacola.craigslist.org/mcy/2475182192.html

350 for a two bike trailer

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryD Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:34 pm

SeaDogg wrote:Hey Henry I found this today on CL. Maybe somethin for ya... http://pensacola.craigslist.org/mcy/2475182192.html

350 for a two bike trailer

Thanks for the link.....but I would be scared to haul the 2 bikes I have on that. The rails look really close, I dont think our bikes would fit. Mine weighs almost 900lbs and hers is about 650 or more.

As it looks right now, I may not be taking the bikes anyway. I am still working on the details and if I will be able to.
HenryD
HenryD
Seat Cushion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:17 pm

K no prob man just remembered your post when I saw it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down