South Alabama Motorcycle Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Chopper Project

3 posters

Go down

My Chopper Project Empty My Chopper Project

Post by Guest Sun May 30, 2010 11:59 am

I have been working on this bike for about a year now. I thought I'd start off this board with its current state as I just finished the framework yesterday.

It started life as a 2006 Hyosung GV650... (modified of course)My Chopper Project July4f10

Then in 2008, It was showcased at the Atlanta International Motorcycle Show at the CycleWorld competition. 10 bikes were selected out of 553 entries to compete at the show and the crowd would choose the winner. I morphed the cruiser with a sportbike and entered this: My Chopper Project Ssr2_010 I didnt win - but I was the only bike that was registered for street use, so I felt ok about how far I got.

But it just wasn't radical enough. So in 2009, I striped it down, cut out the engine, engine cradle, and neck, and threw out the rest. I made my own single backbone rigid frame, added sportbike front forks and trees, and I just finished roughing up the new extended swingarm. I am using 150 series wheels (front and rear). Although the picture isnt that great - you get what it looks like now.
My Chopper Project SNV31526

I plan to use a pair of fatbob style tanks to cover the ugly carb setup and air intake. The NOS bottle is the radiator resevior, but no one knows that! bwhahaha.

anyway - thats the chopper project so far...

Back to top Go down

My Chopper Project Empty Re: My Chopper Project

Post by Guest Sun May 30, 2010 12:14 pm

I've thought about grabbing up one of those hyosungs

Back to top Go down

Post by hayweed Sun May 30, 2010 12:36 pm

That is kewl. I am impressed with all the work that you have put into it. I cant wait to see the finished pics.
hayweed
hayweed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 30, 2010 2:25 pm

Yeah that is a 10 on the badass-o-meter! Way to think outside of the box. Get a thread started in the shop section so you can post up pics of progress as you do it. I'd love to follow this build.

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieNNN Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Yeah, me too.
ZombieNNN
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:49 am

Man that is just sick. Love it
Paladin